Ryan Tannehill Is Not 'A Great Quarterback' Says NFL Network's Dennis Green

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by DaBears22, Aug 7, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Quite a few folks around the NFL see the Miami Dolphins as the team that will take a giant leap forward this season.

But one of those people is not NFL Network analyst and former head coach Dennis Green.

Green joined "Inside Training Camp Live" on Tuesday to discuss what he believes is the biggest flaw in the Dolphins' plan to compete with the New England Patriots for the top spot in the AFC East.

For starters, the former coach hardly is sold on second-year player Ryan Tannehill, and that's only half of it.

"I don't think Ryan's (Tannehill) a great quarterback," Green said. "So, the key is going to be, how can they overcome losing two great players."

The "two great players" Green speaks of are running back Reggie Bush and left tackle Jake Long, who both moved on during the offseason, to the Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams, respectively.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Re: Ryan Tannehill Is Not 'A Great Quarterback' According NFL Network's Dennis Green

Bush and Long great? Lol. Now I'm not deep into my belief in Tannehill, but the jury is out.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Re: Ryan Tannehill Is Not 'A Great Quarterback' According NFL Network's Dennis Green

Isn't it a little soon, with Tannehill only in his second season, to be branding him by the podium beater? I hope Tannehil has a monster season so that Denny can tell everyone how great Tannehill is. Reggie Bush > Great? OK.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

"He isn't who I thought he was"
    -Dennis Green

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I've thought Ryan to be progressing quite well. I know he looked pretty good against SF defense when we played them

6. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

Ryan is going to show them what a great QB he really can be. They just need to shut the heck up.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He might not be "great," but it's too early IMO to state that...