Saints CB Jason David's Future With Team Uncertain

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by mike oxlong, Apr 9, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

David is scheduled to earn $2.4 million and carry a cap figure of $2.8 million this season. That's a lot of jack for a player his own head coach admits is not in the club's top three cornerbacks. The Saints are locked in with Jabari Greer, Tracy Porter and Randall Gay as their top three.

Source: NEw Orleans Times-Picayune

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

david sucked for the saints. of course, most of their defensive players have sucked recently so it's hard to judge.

3. dorotheajn

dorotheajn Special Teamer

Jason David was actually the best CB on the Saints team last year. That might not say a lot since MM and Porter were injured, but JD actually had a fair season.

He is fighting an uphill battle since his previous year was horrible, but I actually disagree with TP and say that he stays with the team. He might have to restructure his contract and it also depends on whether McKenzie are re-signed. If they re-sign "the predator" then I think JD might be the odd man out.

The important thing to remember about the Saints D# is that everyone starts with a clean slate with our new DC. G-dub is going to make his own evaluations and the end result may supprise a few fans and Journalists.

4. Yeah Jason David made grossman look like Johnny U in the 05' Playoff's. Saint's you caught a L for that one. Kill yourself!

5. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

was he even with the saints in 05? i think he was a colt then

6. dorotheajn

dorotheajn Special Teamer

There is a number of mistakes in this statement

1. Saints were not in the playoffs in 2005 - 2005 was the year of Katrina, where Saints were on the road the entire year

2. Saints and Bears met in the conference finals in 2006

3. Jason David weren't on the Saints team in 2006, he was still a colt and didn't sign with the Saints undtil just before the 2007 season

4. In 2006 Bears and particularly Grossman got beat by Colts in the SB - in a game where Grossman had more Interceptions than TD's

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

dorothea, i understand what you're saying and let me clarify my statement because i think we're close to being on the same page and my language was a bit harsh. i consider jason david a failure (has sucked) with the saints because he was paid a lot of money as a free agent and was expected to help solidify the cornerback position in new orleans. is he still performing well enough to be a professional nfl player? absolutely, but the fact that we all are in agreement that he may be the 3rd best cornerback on their team in '09 is not a testament to how great the saints cb's are, it's an indictment that david is not what some thought he was. i consider jason david to be another free agent that was simply over-hyped and over-paid because he has a super bowl ring. many teams get caught in the same trap.