Saints Fan Starts Site Seeking Contract Donations For QB Drew Brees

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, May 30, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

To say it's been a frustrating year for New Orleans Saints fans would be an obvious understatement. Their team lost a playoff heartbreaker to the San Francisco 49ers in January and then lost a few key free agents before being buried under a pile of Bountygate penalties. But apparently seeing unsigned Drew Brees miss any more offseason workouts -- and perhaps hold out into training camp -- would just be too much to bear for one season ticketholder. So Tony LeMon has started fansstepup.com, which asks Saints fans to make donations in $1, $5 or $100 increments in an effort to bridge the financial gap between quarterback and team. Per the site's homepage: "Drew Brees has been an incredible ambassador for the City of New Orleans. Not only in his accomplishments on the football field, but in his charitable and community endeavors, he has lifted the spirits of New Orleanians when we were most challenged. "In the past few months, we fans have been frustrated to know that Drew Brees may not continue his professional endeavors in New Orleans for reasons completely out of our control. But we can do something about it. We can STEP UP and give Drew a BONUS for all that he has done for New Orleans and this region. We can send a clear message to Drew Brees that we appreciate what he has done for us. We can send a clear message to Drew Brees that we want him to stay here. "At the same time, we can let other cities in this country know that we are the best fans anywhere and that we take care of our own. We as fans can become empowered with the creation of this BONUS. We need not sit idly by while a New Orleans treasure is taken away from us." The last count showed LeMon had raised $738.09 for Brees, we're thinking that won't help -- not that Brees would ever consider milking his fans -- though LeMon says the cash will go to the quarterback's Brees Dream Foundation if doesn't accept the donations personally.

Source: USAToday

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I think it is cool what his fans are doing.. But this money needs to go to a good cause. Not make a rich man richer.

3. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

Bingo!

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Should the title of this article read [MENTION=607]Saintsfan1972[/MENTION]?!?

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

some times i'm embarrassed to be a saints fan...SMH

6. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

Take money from hard working people for a greedy athlete like Bree's. Makes sense.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

No one is taking anything. If people are stupid enough to donate their hard earned money to this then heck em. No one is forcing them to.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not like Brees is actually going to take it...lol.

9. Saintsfan1972

i'm not that big of a homer.....[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. Saintsfan1972

ROFL.....Brees is not going to accept this money...very soon he'll soon have 100 million reasons not to. besides, that's not the point. no one trying to buy him. what he'll see is that people are willing to put up their own money to keep him here.....thus motivating him even more

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I would never consider Brees "greedy" in any sense of the word, he wants what's fair and I don't see anything wrong with that.

12. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

This just in! Drew Brees DEMANDS Saints fans raise AT LEAST $10 million within the next 8 weeks or he will not be at the teams training camp!

13. mtzninersfan

Is $800 fair for a franchise QB????? NO!!!!

Nah jk, I agree with you. We dont know what the Saints are offering, maybe they really are low balling him.

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

15. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

You are just trolling now.

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Has anyone seen any numbers yet....from either side....and from someone other than an anonymous source?

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

The only thing that I have heard from numerous reports is that the contract would make Brees the highest paid QB in the league...

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol it doesnt work like that at all

19. mtzninersfan

nope