Saints GM Mickey Loomis Denies ESPN Report Alleging Eavesdropping

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Apr 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis, who was accused in an ESPN report on Monday of listening in on opposing coaches' communications when they played at the Superdome, denied the accusation in an email to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer. Here is Loomis' email, according to a Twitter post made by Glazer on Monday evening. "This report on ESPN is absolutely false. I have a monitor in front of me in my booth that provides the league issued stats for the game. I have a small tv with the network broadcast and I have an earpiece to listen to the WWL-AM radio game broadcast. To think I am sitting in there listening and actually and or doing something with the offensive and defensive play calls of the opposing teams makes this story and the unnamed sources that provided the false information that much more less credible...it just didn't happen."

Source: The Times-Picayune

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

hopefully they learned their lesson about lying to the NFL and this is true

3. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

ESPN has been reporting this all day and they would not have if there was not a reliable source. He can deny it all he wants.

4. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

Just took a look at the front page of NFL.com................................Not a peep of this story.

5. Saintsfan1972

^this^

it's a media witch hunt

6. Saintsfan1972

ESPN reporter 'was on a mission'

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Espn will report anything for a story nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this story with the saints just gets uglier and uglier

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, loomis better hope that it's not true because if the league is able to get hard evidence of this, he will be banned from the league for life.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Not sure what to make of this story the more I read. If its true then the Saints are hecked big time, ad is Loomis. If its not true then ESPN is hecked. Guess we'll have to just wait it out.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

If this is true, and this is a big if, Loomis doesn't haven't to worry about just the NFL coming down on him. Aren't these criminal charges?

12. Steve12

Yea it breaks a federal law and a Louisiana law.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

But, I thought I heard this morning that there is a statute of limitations law somewhere in there.

14. Saintsfan1972

that's what i'm thinking too. if he's lying about this after lying about bounty-gate then he's freaking stupid and deserves to be banned

15. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

^ 100% agree!

16. Steve12

No clue about any of that. I'm not pretending to be an expert. Lol. I just saw a story that said they were facing criminal charges if it was true.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

ESPN is known for blowing up fake stories and trying to grab a headline on stories that are totally false.

18. Saintsfan1972

they are the National Enquirer of the sports world

19. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

I disagree. Everybody thought the bounty allegations were false and then ended up being true.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I love that a year or so ago the Saints could do no wrong, Cinderella lost her shoe allright. Now they're crap on by everyone....wow, better bring those grocery bags back if this story is true.