Saints Have No Issue With Sean Payton Moving To Dallas

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Feb 9, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sean Payton is moving his family to Dallas and the Saints have no problem with it—however, many New Orleans fans do. Payton confirmed Tuesday that he buying a house in Dallas and is moving his wife and two children to Texas while he remains the Saints’ head coach. “When my wife and I relocated our family from Dallas, we had always dreamed of someday settling there,†Payton said is a statement released by the team. “We feel that now is the best time to do this. It’s a decision that I’m sure many families have to confront, and I don’t know if there is any one right or wrong decision—just the best one you can make for your own family.†The decision is not sitting will with numerous Saints fans who’ve expressed consternation and confusion over the matter on call-in shows and internet chat sites. Saints owner Tom Benson and Mickey Loomis both issed statements of support and sounded confident that Payton was committed to sticking with the club that first made him a head coach in January of 2006. “Sean is our head coach,†Benson said. “Like we do with everyone in our organization, we support them when they need to make tough personal decisions. Sean is making a decision in the best interest of his family and he needs our support and he will get it. What I do know is that Sean is completely focused on bringing our team back to a championship.â€

Source: Associated Press

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I've not kept up on this like I should be as a Saints' fan, just been busy at work. But.. the one thing that would cause speculation in my mind is that Gregg Williams keeps turning down interviews to be a HC somewhere else. IF Payton leaves, Gregg would most likely get the job. I would personally HATE that, cause I cannot stand Williams. And, I love what Payton has done. I don't believe he is leaving, but we will see. Right now, just a rumor.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I wouldnt ttrust Jerry so close to him

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

seems like a whole lot of nothing to be worrying about.

5. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I just can't see Payton leaving the Saints at least until after Brees retires, unless their are extenuating circumstances.

Him moving to Dallas doesn't seem like anything to worry about to me.

6. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

wow really New Orleans fans are worried about him living in dallas? dont they have better things to worry about like i dont know the next hurricane. Last time i checked he was a grown butt man who didnt need the fans approval to do anything. also why the heck would he want to live in new orleans sure its cool to visit but why would you buy a house thats likely going to get destroyed and where your family could be at risk because of the weather.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...as long as he's not commuting during the season, what's the problem?

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

From what o here he will be commuting during the season

9. Chipper10

Wow. Really? That's uncalled for. Totally Uncalled for. Disrespectful, IMO. You think he doesn't have to worry about weather in Dallas? A huge hurricane hits New Orleans for the first time..in how long, and suddenly people think its okay to make jokes about it? Yeah. You're right. Who the hell would want to live there? No one needs the fans approval, you're right. And I didn't say it was a problem. Ive not seen many Saints fans on here saying it was a problem. Your family is at risk anywher along the south coast to weather. Weather it be snow/ice, hurricanes, tornadoes.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

i dont think misfit was making a joke about new orleans but rather voicing his opinion - valid IMO - on the fear one might have about living in an area that us still not stable compared to a city that doesn't depend so heavily on levees that could very well be tested again considering the changing weather cycle.

also, saints fans on here may not be whining about this but aparrently enough are in general as stated in the article and maybe those people need to double check thier priorities.

11. Chipper10

Possibly so. But IMO, the way it came off was being totally disrespectful of a city that was devastated by a hurricane. Granted, I got tired of hearing of it, as well and I was one affected by the hurricane living in Alabama, and just knowing how bad it was here. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with him moving to Dallas and if that's why, fine. I just feel Misfitz comment was made in bad taste because of how it was said. Dallas gets bad weather all the same, tornado..they've been hit hard by winter storms lately, so.

Anyway, lol. Let's not turn this into a weather/city related thing. I know a lot of Saints fans probably aren't happy, that's their problem. If he wants his family in Dallas, fine. I'd hate for him to leave the organization, but if he felt it was better for him - no hard feelings. Id hate him to leave, and hate more for Williams to be our new HC in that case, but again. This is a huge rumor, and I doubt Payton leaves. He's built something good here, and he has an offense he should be happy with, good chemistry with his QB. We will see.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

believe me feel very dirty for even thinking of defending misfitz and i certainly understand you having a very different view on the situation.

i just looked at it as the guy is giving his family what they want. i mean i am pretty sure red sox manager terry francona still lives in my area outside of philadelphia. he stayed here because he & his family loved the area.

personally i wish reid would move his family back where they came from but please, take him with you.