Saints Place RB Pierre Thomas On IR, Sign RB Joique Bell From Eagles

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by CP26, Jan 5, 2011.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

The Saints placed fourth-year RB Pierre Thomas (ankle) on injured reserve. As noted previously, the team signed rookie RB Joique Bell off the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad to take Thomas' place on the 53-man roster. With Thomas and rookie RB Chris Ivory (foot) on IR, the team will have to turn to fifth-year RB Reggie Bush and veteran RB Julius Jones to handle the rushing load against the host Seattle Seahawks for Saturday's Wild Card playoff game.

Source: Fox Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Sucks to not have these guys but our front office has shown the ability to sign unknown players with good results......or its time for reggie to earn that paycheck.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I think that ship has sailed for Reggie IMO. He finally had a form of breakout last postseason, only for that to be reversed this season (Admittedly that was due to injury, but how long can you wait for a back to prove his work in the NFL?). All he is now is an expensive decoy.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You could do a lot worse for backup tailbacks than Julius Jones and Reggie Bush.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory on I.R. OUCH, if any team can do it without a runninggame it's the Saints, Patriots, or Colts but they can't keep the defense honest with Julius Jones and Reggie Bush back there.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Definitely seems that if there's one thing that FO can do it's reload.....

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Julius Jones is no more than a name. He was a bum in Dallas, he's still a bum now.

Still, that is the effect that the NFC East has on the Media. Makes the players within it seem better than what they actually are.

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Really hampers the Saints' chances to repeat. They are on the road for the long haul and losing their running game is going to make them the much more vulnerable. Drew Brees will really be "Bresus" if he pulls this one off.

9. The Saints still shouldn't have any problems against Seattle......but I see them getting toasted in Atlanta.

10. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i'm not ready to give up on him yet. he's steps up during the playoffs. thing that sucks is IF he leaves...he'll blow up some where else.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That offense made Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell, and Chris ivory look like ballers.

12. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Definitely sucks. I think not having a running game will hurt us. But, our Front Office has been pretty good at reloading when we've needed it, and it seems that any time the Saints play with their backs against the wall, they find a way to win. Let's hope that continues, and Brees turns into the Brees he is, not the one making silly mistakes. I don't think this becomes an issue vs the Seahawks, but in the divisional round it could.