Saints QB Drew Brees Agrees To Five-Year, $100 Million Deal

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jul 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rest easy, New Orleans Saints fans: Drew Brees finally has a new contract. "Deal is Done! Love you, Who Dat Nation. See you soon!" Brees tweeted Friday afternoon. The record-setting offensive player of the year in 2011 will receive a five-year, $100 million megapact. ESPN's Chris Mortensen first reported the development. Brees will average a record $20 million annually -- Peyton Manning's five-year deal with the Denver Broncos averages $19.2 million -- and is also in line for $60 million in guaranteed money, reportedly to be paid out through the 2014 season. The guarantee matches what Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson hauled in earlier this offseason when he signed an eight-year, $132 million contract.

Source: USA Today

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

.....and the (saints fans) masses rejoiced

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he only makes 40 million in the first year

4. Saintsfan1972

amazing, huh....AND we gained $6 million in cap space. mickey loomis is freaking wizard

5. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Definitely just made it a great Friday the 13th.

6. Saintsfan1972

in other news...Cam Newton will charge Brees $50 for a post game handshake after each game

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

In all, he’ll receive $40 million this year, $10 million in 2013, $11 million in 2014, $19 million in 2015, and $20 million in 2016.

8. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

This news is much better Saints news than the bountygate. It's a happy day for Saints fans. This is a "long term" contract. Wonder if this means he will retire in 2016. Will one of his 2 boys be ready by that time to play? Lol.

9. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Saintsfan1972

lol...you and everyone else in the NFC South. personally i'm looking forward to the Brees/Newton battles to come

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good for him...lol.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Loomis better keep that receiving corp intact.

13. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

BREAKING NEWS!!! AFTER DREW BREES COLLECTED HIS 37 MILLION DOLLARS AFTER THE SIGNING HE DEMANDED A NEW CONTRACT. HE SAYS HE WILL NOT PLAY UNDER A 5 YEAR DEAL. "Whats right is right" Said brees.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Didn't we know that this was going to get done?

15. Saintsfan1972

we've had a WR farm the past few years and they are really high on this years draft pick...Nick Toon

16. markaz

For Saints' fans sake, I hope you're right. All I know is the combo of Colston and Meecham ain't too bad in creating separation and YAC. If they need a reality check as to how good Brees is, send them over here to Phoenix and we could turn them into crap real quick with Kevin Kolb launching his scud missiles at them.

17. Saintsfan1972

18. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i liked nick toon. i think he will do real well in the nfl. plus he has a great name

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

20. markaz