Saints QB Drew Brees Says NFL Offer Is 'All A Show'

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by 86WARD, Mar 15, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The outcome of the league's first work stoppage since 1987 could be decided in court. The first hearing on the players' request for an injunction to block the owners' lockout was scheduled for April 6. In the meantime, there probably will be more of the same as Monday, when Kevin Mawae -- president of the NFL Players Association, the now-dissolved union -- accused the league of spreading "complete falsehoods and complete lies." New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, on the same conference call as Mawae, said the owners' final offer Friday "was all a front." "I think it was all a show, with no real intent to get a deal done, other than just to say they made a proposal -- that was no different than anything else that they proposed over the last couple years, couple months, couple weeks," said Brees, a named plaintiff in the players' antitrust lawsuit against the league.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brees really needs to shut the heck up. His mouth and his Tweets are really just immature and counter-productive.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Why he's supporting his union. I don't believe unions are always the greatest thing, but if your in a union you need to stick together and thats what he's doing. He's sticking with his brothers in arms, if the Union is saying it was all a ploy, why should Brees not continue that story.

Everyone is lying so why is he the immature one?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

They all are and it's all counter-productive. Instead of blabbing this and blabbing that, get the heck back in and negotiate. Players and owners.

5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

QFT!!

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I agree but it won't happen. Its a bunch of millionaires trying to become RICHER millionaires, they don't know what NEGOTIATION is...

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I don't want to hear the prima donna quarterback who gets paid $10m a year to stand behind 5+guys, I don't want to hear from the $7m Running Back who runs to the sideline every play.

I want to hear from the special teamers who get paid minimum wage, whose careers last three years throwing their bodies around 20 times a game like ragdolls at maximum speed. Those are the guys who need protecting, not those whose difference is having one less bathroom in their multi million dollar mansion.

Oh, and the NFL Alumni who have been crapped on by Upshaw/Smith and the rest of the NFLPA for years.

8. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

this whole debacle has all the makings for an epic South Park episode

9. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Its sad really... all this money to fight over.

10. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Union doesnt care about NFL Alumni and also if the offer was all show why not take it wouldnt that stick it to the owners a bit?

i dont understand what hes saying by its all show? They proposed it you denied it but they did propose it and the union had a chance to take it so what the hell is he blabbing about.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Well said sir I totally agree riic

sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

12. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

They're fighting about all this money, but they have to raise ticket prices year after year? Makes a lot of sense. Why not give some of it back to the fans? First 100 fans in attendance gets "x" amount of dollars. We're the ones getting screwed in this deal.

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I offer you two bags of skittles and 4 AAA batteries in exchange for your leg. Your choice of which one.

If you make an offer so far away from middle ground that it clearly won't be accepted, that is an offer that is for show. His point is that they made an offer that wasn't close, so they look like the bad ones for turning it down.

So take my offer or people who really like skittles will be pissed as heck.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!

Btw-my wife might take you up on the Skittles...

15. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

but that what the NFL says they offered was a huge compromise and sounded like a hell of a deal i dont see how that offer was all show