Saints RB Reggie Bush Speaks Out About Lax Play

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Saintsfan1972, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

METAIRIE, La. (AP) -- Reggie Bush paced back and forth near a crowd of reporters after Thursday's practice, looking uncharacteristically eager to talk while he waited for coach Sean Payton to finish taking questions.

Maligned recently for his mistakes on the field and his avoidance of the media off of it, Bush calmly stepped in front of the microphones and opened up about his disappointment with himself.

"Nobody in this world has higher expectations than I do for myself, and the fact I haven't been as successful as I would have liked early on in my career has been a little tough to deal with," Bush said. "I can improve on running the ball. I can improve on pass-blocking. I can improve on catching the ball, route running ... securing the ball when I'm running the ball, not fumbling as much."

The Saints' fall-from-ahead loss at home in a crucial NFC South clash against Tampa Bay last Sunday was a low point for Bush in the former Heisman Trophy winner's second NFL season.

MORE

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

in my opinion this is part of the problem......

....he puts too much on his shoulders. a second year RB isn't expected to be the leader of the team