Saints RB Reggie Bush Willing To Restructure His $11.8M 2011 Salary

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Reggie Bush will enter the final year of his contract set to earn $11.8 million, and he in no way believes that he’ll be back in New Orleans for that kind of money. “Common sense would tell you probably not,†Bush said Tuesday as players cleaned out their lockers at the Saints’ Airline Drive facility. “But most likely not. We’ll see what happens.†But that in no way means Bush won’t be back in a Saints uniform whenever the league and players come together on a new collective bargaining agreement. In fact, Bush would prefer he remain in the Crescent City playing for head coach Sean Payton and alongside quarterback Drew Brees. “I’m open to whatever is going to help me stay here,†Bush said. “Obviously, with that said, you have to be fair to yourself. You have to be fair to whatever the market sets. I’m not stupid or dumb. I know that obviously there’s going to have to be some type of restructuring going on here. With that said, you’ve just got to kind of hash it out as best as you can. Negotiations, things can go a million different ways. “My No. 1 goal is to be back here, be a New Orleans Saint and hopefully be able to play my career out here.†Cost of services, however, could be the major sticking point in re-negotiations. Bush has missed nearly 21 percent of the games he has been with New Orleans, sitting out 18 of 86 contests with knee injuries and broken bones, and this season, he missed eight of 17 games with a broken right fibula and never got into rhythm.

Source: WWLTV 4 New Orleans

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

C'mon, Reggie... if you're asking for fair market value, you don't deserve more than 2 mil. Declined production basically every year of his career, ended last year with about 350 total yards...

I'd be surprised if the Saints don't cut his butt.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I still believe that he is being played out of position. He is a miles better player out wide than he is coming out of the backfield. But still, he hasn't shown he is worthy of any more than 2mil.

4. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

he needs more touches to be affective, but in our system he's not going to get them