Saints Ready For Final Round Of OTAs

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, Jun 15, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

The New Orleans Saints will bring their offseason workouts to an end this week, with one final slate of organized team activities set to begin on Monday. This four-day session, which will be closed to the public, concludes on Thursday, June 19. The Saints will not meet again until training camp opens July 24 at the Greenbrier Resoirt in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. Here are some notes and blurbs to set the table for this week’s OTAs: Welcome Back, Rook Having been away from the team since rookie minicamp, first rounder Brandin Cooks will be present for the final round of OTAs this week. […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

the players will be glad to get out of this hot box of a state for the beginning of training camp. already 94 with 60%humidity here in central louisiana. as far as the position battles, while it may not be as sexy as the receiver or running back position, I am looking forward to see who starts as center. Receiver is pretty much set, don't really see any surprises there. Only question mark would be if Toon can finally put that huge body and good bloodlines on the field consistently. Tanner is probably gone. Robert Meech is good for what he does, takes the top off the coverage and blocks downfield.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

everyone is sold on Cooks being a starter... even some of the beat reporters.. WAKE UP the guy hasn't even played a snap at WR in the NFL - he may or may not translate..

3 THINGS I CARE ABOUT - and THATS ALL - 1. Cooks 2. Byrd - 3. Center... those are the biggest questions that may or may not have a positive impact. We need at least two of those three to be very solid to make it to the SB IMO

Pre-season can't get here fast enough

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

those three are very huge for us. But if I had to choose one I would have to choose center. Keeping Bree's face free of huge defensive linemen is paramount to our success. I mean we REALLY don't need Cooks to play a huge role, and Byrd is a ball hawk but I think our secondary is pretty good without him. Center is what I am worried about. I hope Manolito will just explode this season but I don't count on it. Goodwin is a good stop gap.

Kurt likes this.