Saints Say Coach Sean Payton Is Not Leaving For Dallas

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Feb 6, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The New Orleans Saints have issued a statement, disputing rumors that Coach Sean Payton is leaving for a position with the Dallas Cowboys. "Coach Payton is the Saints Head Coach; he is not going to the Dallas Cowboys in any capacity." It was rumored that Payton was going to leave the Saints to become the GM for the Dallas Cowboys, his family has already began the move to Dallas and they are very unhappy. The rumor said that the announcement could come as early as tomorrow.

Source: The Times-Picayune

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Oh wow I would really like this ......I was so so pissed when we let him go to the saints

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

We all know Jerry's not going to do that..... unless he is doing it to have a person in place if Garret drops the ball next season. In which case he would go after Jeff Fisher from all the talk of how Jerry loves him.

It would be better to have Payton, but I wont believe Jerry gives up GM control to anyone until I see it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Here's the original source of this fabrication.......

Too bad I didn't find this sooner.....could've been the story of the day on here besides the Super Bowl yesterday. lol

FootballScoop - The Scoop

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
  5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

LOL!! As much as I would love for this to happen, we all know Jerry will NEVER give up his GM title.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

ROFL..this ranks up there as one of the worse rumors ever

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

8. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

9. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I doubt he goes. Seriously? I am sure the Saints will give that man anything he wants right now. And, if that DID happen, I will be absolutely PISSED to have Gregg Williams as the Saints HC.