Saints Select CB Patrick Robinson (1st Rd, No. 32)

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 32nd overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select Florida State CB Patrick Robinson. Robinson is the Seminoles most active pass defender and should make the transition to the next level well. His combination of size, strength and athleticism is best suited as a rolled up corner in two deep schemes. He is a solid perimeter run defender but not always physical versus larger ball carriers.

Source: NFL.com

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

good bye sharper....we'll probably move malcolm jenkins to safety

3. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Lol saints take anotha W from us, i dont understand why we didnt pick him up, and to b honest i dont think sharper would have produced the same way next year just like how favre wont

4. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

i dont like this.....TE and OLB were much bigger needs. they could've gotten the needed depth at corner later in the draft

5. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

agreed

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I don't get this either. Even with Jenkins at safety, they still have Porter and Greer at corners. Wierd.

7. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey Rookie

I was shocked at first, but I'm liking it. It doesn't mean Sharper is gone to me, it means they have leverage and a plan B if he isn't back.

I love the thought of corner depth with the way they can drop like flies with injuries.

Unless you are going to try and make Sergio Kindle a 4-3 LB that position was a reach. I thought they may go Defensive Tackle with Brian Price.

Bottom line is the guy that they thought was the best available is who they went with and I have no choice but to trust that...lol.

8. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

I am also surprised by this pick. The Saints must really like this guy.

9. Saintsfan1972

when's the last time we had a secondary this deep....i'm loving it

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

P-Rob isnt "ready". He's still kinda raw, but talent wise, he is proboby better than Haden

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

2 years he'll be starting and he and jenkins at FS will be sick.

he went in the first on potential alone and chasing down devine from behind

12. Saintsfan1972