Saints Sign Ex-Browns NT Shaun Rogers To A One-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Mar 1, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The New Orleans Saints have agreed to a one-year contract with former Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions nose guard Shaun "Big Baby" Rogers, team spokesman Greg Bensel announced. The Browns terminated Rogers' contract after a disappointing season where he struggled with injuries and his playing time was reduced. Rogers visited the Washington Redskins, Saints and the Kansas City Chiefs. He had also expressed interest in playing for his hometown Houston Texans before agreeing to terms with the Saints.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Wow we just addressed a HUGE hole in our defense. The draft just got a whole lot more interesting. Next step....get the damn CBA done.

3. OLB for you guys

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like this signing for the Saints...

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

God I hope so...either draft or FA. Don't know if I can take another year of scott shanle

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Great signing, but I dont know if it solves anything per say. Rogers at this stage is a guy thats nasty as a part timer, but could be a liability to too many snaps.

7. agreed but just pair him with last year starter.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Put him in a role like the Viking had Jimmy Kennedy in 2009. Wreaking havoc off the bench.

I remember the 2010 divison PO game against. Ray Edwards set the tone, but it was Kennedy that took the game over and nailed the coffin

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

we need a a guy to plug up the middle. Big backs killed us last year and this signing may shore up the middle for us. I hope this signing works out well.