Saints Won't Bring Back RB Reggie Bush Next Year?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Dec 1, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Don't expect New Orleans running back Reggie Bush, who is due to count for approximately $8 million against the cap next season, to stay with the team. One Saints insider said general manager Mickey Loomis isn't interested in carrying Bush's salary, even if there is an uncapped season. Bush's cap number and secondary importance to the team could create conflict in a locker room where several players, such as wide receiver Marques Colston, are expected to cash in soon.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Wow and everyone was wondering what the hell the texans were thinking...

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That is kinda a wow.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I wonder if he'd be interested in returning to SD. Also I think he'd be a lot better if he was converted into a WR.

I remember there were some Charger fans who wanted to Trade LT for the #1 pick to take him, but a lot of them were USC homers who want the Chargers to take every top named USC guy.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

LOL. Its the same way with Cowboy fans and Texas guys

6. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

My take is that he isn`t a very big part of their success this year.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

He would flourish as a slot receiver but the Saints are loaded at the position, and considering how effective Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas has been together, it's a no brainer.

By no means is Reggie done in the league, but he needs a team that needs him and are willing to convert him into playing full time slot, because he's ain't a RB.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Any year for that matter.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree...look what they did this past week alone without Bush and Lance Moore. He's a nice role player but not at the money he's going to cost...

10. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I would go as far as say he is one of the better role players in the NFL. Any time he has the ball he can score. The problem with him is that he was overdrafted, while he is a good player he will never live up to the hype and expectations of the 2nd overall pick.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes a stud player, a threat to score, a great reciever and has incredible vision and elusivness. ive said from day one he would have gone just as high in the draft as a WR.

he will find a home in a heavy pass offense that he will thrive in

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

What will Kim think of this?

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If he can stay healthy I agree.

14. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

COME TO SAN FAN. REUNITE WITH ALEX SMITH. MAYBE THEN WE COULD CONVERT TO A SPREAD OFFENSE. MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW.:icon_smile:

15. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

How exactly would Bush going to the Niners be reuniting Smith and Bush?

17. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I thought they played HS ball together.

18. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Yea they both played at Helix High in SD. Even better would Reggie coming to SD, and maybe even Alex. He could be backup or 3rd string, he'd be back with the guy he had the most success with (Norv), they'd (Alex and Reggie) both be reunited and both back in SD.

I know Reggie loves SD, not so sure about Alex.

19. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I would kick Norwood to the curb to have thi sguy and think we would use him properly

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

as much as i respect Norv Turner... i think this has been Alex Smith's best year as a pro. He didn't look as comfortable when Norv was here. Now back on topic. Me Wants Fast Man now:icon_cheesygrin: