Saints WR Robert Meachem Earning Coaches, QB's Trust

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Dec 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Saints WR Robert Meachem began the year as the No. 4 receiver and was used mostly as a situational deep-ball threat. His role—and his confidence—have increased since WR Lance Moore has been plagued by a series of injuries. Meachem won’t consistently catch eight balls for 142 yards like he did against the Redskins, and the Saints still have plenty of weapons to spread the ball to in their diverse offense but QB Drew Brees and play-caller Sean Payton both have gained full trust in Meachem in big-time situations, so there should be plenty more highlights to come.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He looks really good this year. Fast and everything. Could develop into a real weapon down the line. I was pretty much ready to write him off but not anymore.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he was my big time sleeper this year, i drafted him in all my leagues....last week was his first start, basically i finally unleashed him

4. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

hell yeah, he's been my sleeper for the past 2 years. glad he finally woke up.

p.s.

Brees is 29 of 38 for 544 yards 8TD 0 Int on passes he targets to Meachem for a rating of 157.3

5. K Train

a perfect rating is 158.3....thats special.

i always thought meachem was pure stud waiting to explode, colstons early unexpected success held him back but his rookie year i drafted him and bowe, im happy with him now though i always had faith lol

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

People judge WR's too fast sometimes IMO. Its a marathon not a sprint at that position as far as development. Alot of people look at D-Bowe and what he did early in his career, then looked at how close the two were drafted, and call Meachem a bust. D-Bowe is still a stud, but I think soon, maybe even next year, both players are gonna be producing the same rate

7. K Train

which is really the attitude about sweed, i love sweed....has he broken my heart before? yes....but i think with reps he has stud written all over him.

i love bowe, but meachem is my boy lol

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I was alway's ho-hum on Sweed. Alway's thought he could go either way. I have kind of a bias'd against him because of the UT affiliation and me posting at C-F which has lead to my hate of all things Kitty 12 (sorry Roy, I hate your conference with every fiber of my being >: ( )

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

A far as Meachem goes, he was a one year stud at Tennesse, which is kind of a warning sign that he may not be an "instant impact" guy

Bowe really only had one good year too, but that was more because of his eyes (he got Lasik before his JR year)

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Disclaimer: I'm not derailing this thread.

Is DBowe back this week or next?

10. K Train

next. sweed will be sick nasty in the future. everyone was writing off mendenhall just weeks ago too.

mike wallace came in and did his thing, not every WR is like that...im glad we have him, but hes holding sweed back, which might be a good thing for now

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Theres like absolutely no pressure what so ever on Sweed.

12. K Train

sweed was a man among boys at texas, he didnt have to tune his game up at all....hes a good kid, he works real hard, hes become a great route runner and is a dominate blocker....he just hasnt put it all together quite yet

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Keep the thread on Meachem guys.
    Anyway I was looking at Meachem to do this last season, but I think next season Colston/Meachem will be compared to the likes of Holt/Bruce, Wayne/Harrison, Boldin/Fitzgerald. Especially with Brees as the QB.