Seneca Wallace Says Browns Need To Pick A Quarterback

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 27, 2010.

1. The boot came off his injured right ankle and now it appears that Seneca Wallace is taking the gloves off, as well. As the Browns reach their bye weekend with questions about the future of their quarterback position, Wallace stated his case Wednesday to be the starter when the team returns to prepare for the New England Patriots. Wallace isn't demanding anything, but he feels he made a strong statement for keeping the job before he suffered a high ankle sprain in the first half of the Atlanta game. "Yeah, I feel that way," Wallace said. "At the end of the day, it comes down to the coaches. Whoever's doing the job the best, moving the team, scoring points, making the right decisions, then that should be the guy." Wallace said the offense started coming around in his last two starts against Cincinnati and Atlanta. "That was probably the best I've felt," Wallace said. "It's a learning experience each game I step out there. We're all still trying to figure it out. The Cincinnati and Atlanta games, things started feeling a lot smoother. Things started clicking. The offensive coordinator was calling good plays at the right time, and we had it going. Unfortunately I came down with an injury." He believes the team will only suffer if it continues to play musical quarterbacks. "It comes down to Coach's decision," he said. "I can't stand here and say this guy's gonna be the starter. I don't know. This whole thing, the last couple years around here, it seems like it's been quarterback by committee, so who knows? We have to get a guy in there who runs the offense the best and continue to score points, and we'll win the games."

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think they have...I think they go McCoy from here on out. They'd be really, REALLY stupid if they didn't...

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Seneca Wallace needs to pipe down, smile and cash his cheques.

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I'd be pissed if I were Seneca too though. After x amount of years of taking advantage of almost every opportunity, he gets shafted again. His window of opportunity to start in this league is closing, if not all the way shut, I don't blame him for finally getting pissed off about it.

Keep in mind he was traded over and looked to be the opening day starter until Delhomme was signed one week later