SI Poll: Hines Ward NFL's Dirtiest Player

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by MediaGuy, Nov 3, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

In a poll of 296 NFL players, Porter tied Washington's Albert Haynesworth as the second dirtiest player in the league. Six percent of players who responded said Porter and Haynesworth were the dirtiest. Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Hines Ward, the master of the blind side block, garnered 11.6 percent of the votes to be considered the dirtiest player in the NFL.

Source: The Miami Herald

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes like a 4-time winner, maybe people will start to believe it soon?

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

How could someone with that smile be considered a dirty player?

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

cuz he beats you up with that smile.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Love it...but he's done nothing dirty...where are all the fines and the flags? lol...

He's at the point where he gets it on name alone now...kind of like the Pro-Bowl votes...

Keep keepin it "dirty" Hines...

6. K Train

hes always been a dirty player, hes not a bad guy, hes real smart about it but no one ever accused him of being a clean player. he gets fined quite a bit, not flagged so much....but like i said hes smart.

sometimes i wish people would just admit it, hes a dirty player, he does throw cheap shots whether they are legal or not

7. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Sure, now that Rodney's retired they have to come up with someone to slap the tag on.:icon_cheesygrin:

1 person likes this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I love when people call him dirty! Live for it! So 34 players think he's dirty...let me guess, Keith Rivers, Ed Reed, Bart Scott...lol...

Real smart about it...like play within the rules? Play to the whistle? Be more alert than other players? You do realize it's football right?

Love it!

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TOP DAWG again.

10. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Anyone else expect to see Hines Ward do a Dial soap, or Right Guard commercial soon?

"We can clean up the dirtiest player!"

I should be in advertising.

3 people like this.
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

repped.

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

well he can't do the head and shoulders commercial

I love the way he plays. I think he plays all out and gives it 100% and that's what he has to do to make it in the NFL. Don't see any eye gouging or crack back blocks he just hits you hard.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Hines plays the game to the physical max, which is awesome. How is Porter a dirty player? He just has a big mouth, if that is the case then Rex Ryan is the dirtiest man alive.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, he wins it every year. i don't buy into it.

15. K Train

cant believe ryan clark isnt even in the conversation

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'd be just as frustrated as the players who voted for him if I was getting embarrassed by a wide receiver.

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I vote for all those guys who keep diving at Brady's knees.

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hines is what every football player should be. He plays what some consider a diva position, but he does everything that he can to gain an advantage for himself and his team.

1 person likes this.
  19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This.

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you guys have hit it right on the head. most of these votes are coming from defensive players who simply aren't used to being pwned by someone at a diva position and it bruises their tough-guy egos.