Sklyer Green Discusses Return To New Orleans

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Saintsfan1972, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

You were born in Louisiana and attended LSU; how does it feel to be signed by a team so close to home?

It is definitely a big thing for me because ever since Katrina I have wanted to come home and play football for the New Orleans Saints. Hopefully I can do some things to change the things that are going on in New Orleans and possibly get some foundations going and things like that.

Besides being so close to home, what made you want to come play for the Saints?

I think it is a better opportunity. I think that coach Payton has done well and coached the guys up well. I also think he knows how to use his players very well, so I think I will have a better opportunity here with the Saints.

Did the fact that the Saints have some UFAs (Unrestricted Free Agent) at the wide receiver position also play a role in you wanting to be a Saint?

I think so because my agent and I sat down and talked, and he told me that a couple guys were up and I am just looking forward for the opportunity to go out and hopefully I can make the roster.

You played in Cincinnati this past year, and they have twp Pro-Bowl caliber receivers. What did you learn anything from them?

I think I did learn a lot from those guys. Just looking for the certain defenses, it may be man or zone, but you just have to find your spots and know that sometimes that your route is not going to go exactly how it was supposed to go and you just have to be an athlete and make the play.

What are you looking forward to this off season?

I want to improve from last year. Over this off season I am going to train hard and do the things that I have to do to come into training camp ready to make the 53-man roster.

Are you excited about the fact that you may be playing alongside a former LSU teammate in Devery Henderson?

Definitely, it will be a big reunion for us. I have not seen Devery (Henderson) in a while, the last time I saw him actually was when we played the Saints in the pre-season when I was with the Bengals. I think for both of us reuniting, it could be a fun thing and a lot of big plays could be made from this thing.

NewOrleansSaints.com

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wasn't he a late-pick by the Cowboys in 2006, who didn't make the cut after training camp?

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

yeah....he was a 4th round pick in dallas. he was a bengal this past season.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

he made the team in dallas, caught a pass or three in the regular season, was cut and signed by the bengals.. i think he may of even returned a kickoff or two for us

5. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Skyler Green didn't take long to fall off the Cowboys Roster. He just didn't get it. WR or KR however i did see him with the Bengals a few times this year and he did pretty decent. Sean Payton gonna give him a shot. :dance04: