So Where Will Peyton End Up?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Where Will Peyton Land?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2012.
  1. Titans

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Broncos

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 49ers

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

It's finally official. So, assuming Peyton gets in football shape, he will be coveted by many teams. I can think of 13 teams which have been rumored landing spots for him. Which is the most likely destination? Vote for your most likely one.

Here are my thoughts:

1) Arizona Cardinals -- Warm weather. Stud WR. Good pieces all around. The Cards are so desperate for another franchise QB that they would give him the freedom he will want. I really don't see any down points.

2) Seattle Seahawks -- Good, young receivers. Both lines could use some upgrading but they are close to breaking through.

3) Houston Texans -- This team is ready to win it all, has a stud WR and plays in a dome. But, do the Texans even want him and does Peyton want to embarass the Colts twice a year?

4) Miami Dolphins -- The Dolphins have coveted Manning publically more than any team. However, there are a lot of successful NFL people that have 'passed' on south Florida recently. I'm not sure that team is as appealing as we think it is for some reason.

All the Rest

New York Jets -- I don't think Peyton wants anything to do with that dysfunction.

Cleveland Browns -- Peyton will want to go to a team with a chance of winning a championship. The Browns are not it.

Tennessee Titans -- They have a decent team but I'm not sure Peyton wants to go play for his most-hated rival.

Jacksonville Jaguars -- See Cleveland

Kansas City Chiefs -- I don't think Peyton wants to go play in a cold-weather city and I'm not sure Pioli would allow Peyton the freedom he wants.

Washington Redskins -- Personally, I don't think this team is as close to winning it all as many think. Even if they were, I'm not sure he wants to play in the same division as his brother.

Dallas Cowboys -- I'm not sure JJ would even consider Peyton since he seems happy with Romo but, again, I really don't think Peyton wants to be in the same division as Eli.

Minnesota Vikings -- See Jacksonville

San Francisco 49ers -- They're not real deep at receiver, which might concern Peyton, but I'm not even sure the 49ers want him. They think they can win with Alex.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Miami has a defense and an offensive line along with a stud WR. IMO it's going to be between the Cardinals and the Dolphins. The only one to "pass" on the Dolphins is Fisher who wanted total control and a QB.

3. CaptainStubing

jim harbaugh? and the phins haven't exactly been attracting a lot of legitimate free agents the last couple of years ............ their last 2 big acquisitions, Reggie Bush and b. marshall were both acquired via trade.

i don't expect you to agree with an outsiders' perspective on this. i'm just saying that i think there are a lot of red flags that maybe south florida is not as attractive as we think.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Harbaugh was never an option. They signed Dansby a few years ago, and they haven't gone after big FA.

5. CaptainStubing

ok, so I have them at #4 and you have them at #1.5 ............ we'll see how it plays out.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The fact they are behind the Texans is funny dude. I would say the Texans are more a dark horse then anything. Not to mention how much they would pay Schaub to play as a backup.

7. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

May not have won it all last year,but if we had a decent,consistent qb instead of two stupid pathetic idiots posing as qbs,we'd have won the nfc east easily.
    I Think the skins will offer him better money,but i think he and reggie wayne end up in miami!

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm hoping for Arizona because I don't want to see him in Miami.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

The redskins wouldent win the nfc east the redskins are like the retarted step child of the nfc east that everyones embaressed of lol

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

For as much as I'd like to see him here (and Kolb OUT!!) all Manning has to do is look at the O-Line and its success ever since Russ Grimm got here. Yes, we've got Fitz and the ideal stadium and HC, but I don't think Manning wants to come here and get killed. I hope I'm wrong, I just think there's better options. My gut says he'll become a Dolphin.

11. TideRedskinslunatic

Spoken like a true eagles fan who has been in the jail at the stadium a bit too long!(only jail at any of the other pro football fields for a reason!)
    and you guys have won how many superbowls? Eagles will never win a superbowl,just admit it and you'll feel better!:icon_cheesygrin:
    This is the type of reaction i expect from eagles fans,you guys just can't help yourselves!

12. CaptainStubing

they could just release schaub. they would obviously be making a choice of manning for the next few years over schaub. schaub is no spring chicken. people think he's young because he hasn't been a household name for very long but he will be turning 31 this summer.

If the Texans feel like they've seen enough of Schaub and he won't get them over the top, then of course they would make this move. The Texans are RIGHT THERE ......... they are ready to win a championship. If they feel Peyton will solidify their chances, they will do it in a heartbeat.

And I think Peyton would see that it is an ideal spot for him. The only reason Peyton wouldn't want to go there is if he wanted to leave the AFC South.

If Peyton would like to kick the Colts butt twice a year, then I just added another plus to joining Houston but I'm just not sure how Peyton will feel about that.

13. TideRedskinslunatic

He may really shock everybody,and go to The broncos and teach tim tebow how to be a real pro qb.that is just as good of a place as any of the other teams mentioned interested in signing him.

14. CaptainStubing

yeah, i would say denver has almost as much to offer as arizona, seattle, houston, and miami. however, i'm not sure he wants to play in a cold-weather city with an outdoor stadium. he's kind of been spoiled with the dome thing his whole career.

Now, he's seen his brother succeed in a cold outdoor climate so maybe he's open to the idea ................

15. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I really think he should hang it up to be honest. I mean yeah the dude is game ready as the doctors say but nobody really knows what's going to happen when he gets hit from his blindside and gets smashed to the turf. Tricky stuff when you're dealing with a neck injury.

16. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

He goes to the man with the most money. Paul Allen. Seahawks.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Miami.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

My yard to mow my lawn

3 year $300 incentive laden deal

100 guarenteed. The change in my change dish, and the time and day my smutty neighbor likes to tan as a signing bonus

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  19. CaptainStubing

haha. schefter is reporting that 12 teams have already contacted peyton's representatives ............. :rofl:

and he also said he thinks this will be a fairly quick move and he may sign with someone next week and that money will not be a factor ...... interesting .......... does that give us a hint that he's already decided where he's going and it is a cap-strapped team (phins/texans/cards)?

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Dolphins are always saying they have the guy or the inside track just like they did with Harbaugh, even threw more money at him and he still went west....so we'll see but I hope he stays out of the NFC West so I have no problem with him signing with the Phins...