Sources Reveal Details Of Proposed CBA

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Among the details NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is revealing to owners Tuesday at the owners' meeting in Rosemont, Ill., is that in the next proposed agreement players will receive a 48 percent share of "all revenue," without the $1-billion-plus credit off the top that had been a point of contention in earlier negotiations, according to sources familiar with the presentation. Under the new formula being negotiated, players will receive 48 percent of all revenue and will never dip below a 46.5 percent take of the money, sources said. In the previous collective bargaining agreement, players received approximately 60 percent of "total revenue" but that did not include $1 billion that was designated as an expense credit off the top of the $9 billion revenue model. Owners initially were seeking another $1 billion in credit only to reduce that amount substantially before exercising the lockout on March 13. Ultimately, the two sides have decided to simplify the formula, which will eliminate some tedious accounting audits of the credit the players have allowed in the previous deal.

Source: ESPN.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Proposed CBA Details

Details of a proposed collective bargaining agreement being pitched to NFL owners Tuesday, according to sources:

• Players get 48 percent of "all revenue."

• Players' share will never dip below 46.5 percent, under new formula being negotiated.

• Teams required to spend close to 100 percent of the salary cap.

• Rookie wage scale part of deal but still being "tweaked."

• Four years needed for unrestricted free-agent status. Certain tags will be retained, but still being discussed.

• 18-game regular season designated only as negotiable item and at no point is mandated in deal.

• New 16-game Thursday night TV package beginning in 2012.

• Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadiums.

• Retirees to benefit from improved health care, pension benefits as revenue projected to double to $18 million by 2016.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Sign the MF'ing thing.

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

YES!!! Looks like progress is being made. It isn't final but at least we are making headway. WOOHOO!!!

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I heard that the "close to 100%" of the salary cap is between 90-93%.

Also the new 16-Game Thursday Night Package would be sold to a major network so that the games would be available to everyone.

Looks like they are going in the right direction!!!!

6. Agent Zero

I also heard on the radio that if they get "close" enough to a deal the owners might lift the lockout and let the season start while they hammer out details. Has anyone else heard that? I am hoping this might happen. The word is the CBA might not be completely done till mid July, and that will suck for FA's and rookies.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Florio is coming on the local sport radio at 5. Can't wait to hear what he says....

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think the main thing I heard was that the season will start on time which is huge. another thing I heard today was that all the Tags will stick and that 4, 5, 6 year players will be unrestricted free-agents. Not sure how accurate that is, but it's what was reported.

There's going to be a lot of money spent in July!!

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Hearing same thing Ward.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Welcome to Miami Williams and Sims-Walker. I'm starting to feel a little better.

12. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Here is to hoping this gets signed soon! Get these rookies signed, and let's get into FA. NFL news should be blowing up the scene as soon as this gets signed. Wonder how many "first-day" deals will be made? FA could be a "first come first serve" basis for many teams/players this season, just because of the length of this lock out.

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Florio saying June 30th.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

:2bang9hj:

15. Chipper10

A week and two days? Let's get it done.

16. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Seriously! Yes!!!!

17. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Everything sounds good. Watch tomorrow it say its going in the opposite direction..

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

[MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION] he mushed the CBA???? WTF?

19. Chipper10

^^ Debbie Downer comes in :-D

this is more progress than ever, so. let's hope for the best

20. Agent Zero

QFT!!!!!!!!