Steelers Open To Trade Offers For QB Ben Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 15, 2010.

1. The Pittsburgh Steelers haven't talked with other teams about dealing embattled quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but they've had significant internal discussions about the matter, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday. According to the source, Steelers ownership remains dismayed and embarrassed by Roethlisberger's actions in a Georgia college town this offseason and finds his string of off-the-field incidents troubling. "The Rooneys are livid," the source said. The Steelers' front office has talked internally about possible trade scenarios that could be feasible and what makes sense for the team, and according to a source, if other teams called about Roethlisberger, the Steelers would intently listen.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

How about a seventh?

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Kind of hard to imagine this really happening.

4. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

Damn what are they feeding this team!

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Didn't really see Holmes going for a 5th...

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

redskins are probably kicking themselves in the butt right now

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they are really gonna have to blow them away for them to trade him. dont get me wrong im all for it but it has to be an earth shattering blockbuster deal.

im pretty sure the rams have toyed with the offer of 1st overall and next years first

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

this won't happen

9. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

That was a rumor anyway.

Most people don't believe this because if it was true Pitt would have cum and it would have been done.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

idk smoke=fire

whether is was on the table or not the rams are a franchise that cant be taking the boy scout route. i wouldnt be surprised if theres rumblings in st louis and dont think they would just jump on it. they have to be confident in dixon to do the job for a year and they would take suh and give him $40 million...not really the steelers forte

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Trade him to Washington for McNabb.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Trading him would blow...

13. koro

koro Rookie

It would be a crazy deal... Anyway, I don't think tehy are going to trade Big Ben.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

drink my shots snitches !

15. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

It'd have to be one hell of an offer, and the only teams that could make immediate use with him at hte helm I can think of that wouldn't mind taking the risk for that would be Arizona or Denver. A Detroit, St. Louis or (unlikely) Cleveland, wouldn't have the tools to be immediately successful and would, in a way, probably do nothing to fix their current problems.

My point is, Pit has won two rings with this guy, so although the Rooney's are livid, I think they give him one more chance before they send him packing.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

My feelings as well...

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:rofl:

18. koro

koro Rookie

+1 I think the same

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Let's not forget, Brett Favre had a drinking and drug problem in the past as well...not quite the level of what Ben has been up to, but the alcohol is there in both cases. People don't remember that he had some major issues and didn't get it straightened out until after he got married.

Hopefully for Ben's sake, he can get his act straightened up...he's got a ton of work to do...

20. koro

koro Rookie

When does the training camp begin?

It's a good oportunity to see if he has change...