Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Reacts To Ex-Steeler Emmanuel Sanders' Claim

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Aug 16, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

As Emmanuel Sanders this week backed up his previous comments that Peyton Manning is a better leader than Ben Roethlisberger, there was a reaction … from Ben Roethlisberger.

“He’s going to say whatever he can about the quarterback he is with,” Roethlisberger said in a way that reflected his partial understanding of why Sanders made those comments.

“I was more disappointed he didn’t reach out to me. I know he told some other guys: ‘You know I love Ben, I didn’t mean it like that.’ I wish he would have reached out to me and just say that and I would have been fine with it.”

Instead of reaching out to Roethlisberger about his initial comments, Sanders told the NFL Network this week he stands by what he said.

“I have not one regret. If I said it, then I meant it,” Sanders told the NFL Network via Pro Football Talk.

“It wasn’t meant as disrespect for anyone. I’ve got so much love for everybody over there in Pittsburgh, and they know it — they know me. I didn’t mean any harm.”

Source: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ex-Steeler-Sanders-claim/stories/201408140225

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

what did he say that was wrong? Peyton is a better leader than Ben.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not in the playoffs or under pressure...

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

true. but a lot of that is not just on him. the whole team seems to take a step back. either that or the other team just raises their game against him.