Steelers & QB Ben Roethlisberger To Work On Contract Extension This Offseason

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Jan 8, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mike Tomlin isn't an advocate of the term “franchise quarterback.”

To him, it's kind of disrespectful.

“If you follow professional football, you would think half the teams in the league have a franchise quarterback, and we all know that's not the case,” Tomlin said. “I try to stay away from those generalizations that we all use to seek comfort and make ourselves feel good about our circumstances.”

Tomlin can say that because he has one of those few true franchise quarterbacks with Ben Roethlisberger, and as he said during his wrap-up news conference Tuesday, he “would like to keep him.”

Roethlisberger's $102 million contract he signed in 2008 runs through next year, but the Steelers have no intentions of letting him sniff free agency even if he would be at the non-quarterback-friendly age of 34.

Steelers team president Art Rooney II ensured Roethlisberger in July the organization would address a contract extension in the offseason — one year from the end of his deal, not two, as the organization typically does with quarterbacks.

Source: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7501641-74/tomlin-concussion-miller#ixzz3OH4mfzeM

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I think cutler makes $18 mill a year so what is Ben worth?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would give him $22M easily. I'd go all the way to $24M if I had to just to get it done and out of the way. It's going to be upwards of $20M...