Steelers QB Byron Leftwich The Favorite To Start?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by BigBlueBruiser, May 14, 2010.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said on Thursday that it's not a three-man quarterback competition at this point to decide who'll start under center while Ben Roethlisberger is serving his four to six game suspension. "We know what all three men are capable of doing," Tomlin said. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter said on ESPN NFL Live on Friday that Byron Leftwich is currently the favorite to begin the season as the Steelers' starting quarterback and it's Leftwich's job to lose. Leftwich ran with the first team offensive recently at minicamp. The Steelers explained that by saying they want to bring Leftwich back up to speed after spending last season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Dennis Dixon played well in his lone start last season, but Leftwich is more experienced and the Steelers seem to like the leadership he brings to the Steelers.

Source: Pro Football Talk

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

May need the other sig 86 :ttw:

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

I really want to see Dixon get a shot...you may need both...

4. GMkid1487

GMkid1487 Rookie

agree with 86WARD

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I only say that because I hear that Leftwich was horrendous during practices...unless the team he was throwing to was wearing yellow...which they weren't...