Steelers Sign WR Antwaan Randle El To A 3-Year Contract

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by pctrips, Mar 8, 2010.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that the Steelers have signed wide receiver Antwaan Randle El to a three year contract, details not disclosed. Randle El previously played for Pittsburgh from 2002 to 2005. Randle El spent the previous four seasons with the Washington Redskins. Randle El played in all 16 games for the Redskins last year registering 50 catches for 530 yards.

Source: Adam Schefter, Twitter

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

WTF IS GOING ON

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like this better than Battle as far as receiving goes. I suggested it yesterday...lol...whatever...

He'd be okay for a #4 guy.

4. Crowned

I'd rather Battle.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not me...

6. Crowned

I like Battle as a possession receiver, he did light it up 1 year for the 49ers with 1000+ yards and a fresh start could do him some good. Only bad thing he's 30, But if he does turn it on he may be there a year or 2 after Ward hangs them up. As far as Randle El goes I was hoping to never see him in "Black and Gold" again.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't ever recall Battle having over a 1000 yards. Without looking, I think over time Randle El has put up more consistently average numbers than Battle. I could be wrong.

I'd almost rather see them go with Tyler Grisham.

8. Crowned

Yea you're right after a check I guess i was thinking of something/someone else. The morale of the story is heck Randle El.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

I've never had anything against Randle El. He's a great Super Bowl QB...lol...

10. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Steelers aren't messing around today...what's that 4 players they've signed?

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

K Train probably jumped off a building...

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i hate my life right now

13. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

3rd string QB to be honest.

I wish I knew what was going on with this.

14. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

Think about the logistics. 4 Wide set. Two burners and two underneath guys. Ward, ARE, Holmes and Wallace. Good luck with coverage.

Ahhhhh!! The sky is falling. **insert eyeroll**

15. K Train

ARE is terrible though and hes not nearly the player he was when he left

16. blkngldbabe

How can you tell? Quinn is a better QB than ARE had to throw to him. Not like their #1 + #2 WR's racked up huge numbers either.

17. K Train

even as a PR he has sucked, thats his main game and why he was on the steelers for so long

18. blkngldbabe

NO..he was gimmick man. Our best QB in XL as well. LOL.

19. K Train

what was the last gimmick arians called? lol

20. blkngldbabe

IT was a disguise play. He was trying to be convincing as an Offensive Co-ordinator.