Steelers WR Limas Sweed Battling Severe Depression?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 11, 2010.

1. The Steelers drafted wide receiver Limas Sweed two picks ahead of Rutgers running back Ray Rice in 2008, who has become a star with the Baltimore Ravens and two years later, after the additions of Antwaan Randle El and Arnaz Battle, there doesn't appear to be a roster spot for him. Sweed left the Steelers in December with what coach Mike Tomlin described as "personal issues." Management still hasn't elaborated, leading to much speculation that Sweed was battling severe depression.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I hope he gets his act togeter, when he does he's going to be a solid possession receiver I just hope he's still on the team by that time.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

he should call shaun andrews for some advice.

4. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

:laughy32: Yeah he really should

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Give him some Xanax.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

have a cookie and smile.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this makes me a little depressed, i freaking hate randel el

8. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

you should have a cookie too.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Love Randle El! Even more so now after hearing all the hate firing towards him...lol...he may not even dress on game days.

I wish this kid could get it straightened out...he's got the talent he's just got to get it together mentally.

10. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Maybe he is depressed because Ben had inappropriate contact with him

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Maybe he's depressed because he's subjected to read your corny posts day after day.

12. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

great talent, hopefully he comes around

13. whitehorse43

whitehorse43 Rookie

I know how he feels...

to battle with depression. I feel sorry for him and I hope he gets better. Personally, i think he deserves another chance.

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Maybe he should stop being a little snitch, you wouldn't not have a roster spot if you got your crap together and performed on game days.

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If he's got severe depression, the meds necessary to make this guy right could make football an impossibility.

16. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Thank you! I feel the same way

When Shawn Andrews had depression i really thought the eagles were gonna cut him and unfortunately they still haven't so he better be back to his pro-bowl form or get out

17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Young guy do know that "depression" isn't being " Wittle Mister Saddy Pants" right