Still No Word Between Vikings, QB Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, May 30, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There's still no word about whether quarterback Brett Favre will come out of retirement again and sign with the Minnesota Vikings. There have been indications that the Vikings were hoping for an answer from Favre soon, perhaps this week. There also have been recent reports that Favre might undergo surgery for the torn biceps tendon that plagued him last season, while he was with the New York Jets, and that he likely would sign with the Vikings if the procedure went well.

Source: Washington Post

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Gee, what a shock!

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't know what the hesitation is on his part to undergo the surgery...I was reading about it and heard some stuff on the news the other day and most of the time it's a stitch free operation...

Just get it done Brett...the Vikings need you, the NFL needs you, GIF needs you...:icon_lol:

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't be shocked if Brett signs with the Vikings on the night of their first preseason game.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

At this point, if he opts for the surgery, I think it's pretty much a done deal that he's going to Minnesota.

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Did the Washington Post really just waste print space to tell us that there is still no news on a story we're all sick of anyway? That whole article basically says "This is not a story." I wonder what else didn't happen today.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I heard that the earlist Farve would make a descision is after OTAs so he woulden't have to take part in the workouts cause that would make his wife blog avout how he hates it or something.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Peter King said yesterday that he thinks a decision on the surgery could come this weekend or next week...

Peter King...:laughy32:

9. jackmack

jackmack Rookie

if he gets the surgery there is no guarantee that the pain will go away.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I hope he comes back but fails for the vikings.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's never any guarantees, but from what I've read, this is pretty much as close as you can get to one. The tendon he would have removed is pretty much useless and it being the way it is, it is causing more pain than good. They can totally remove it and the pain "should" go away...