TD Heavy QB

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by abb, Oct 30, 2019.

1. abb

abb Lifetime Member Premium Member

Difficult to word this question! I have Goff as my QB in this TD heavy league. I drafted Trubisky as my second QB. In this league there are always 28 QBs rostered, so four starters are available. However, since each drop/add costs $12, some rostered QBs are no longer starters (like Foles). The best QB available that could help me is Minshew, (there's also Kyle Allen, Fitzpatrick and Darnold) and in a real FF league I'd pick him up and start him with no hesitation. But the question is, are the odds that he outplays Trubisky by more than a couple of points high enough to make it worth the $12. I am currently 6 - 2, will almost certainly make the playoffs, but each division winner gets 5% of the pot, so each win is critical!

Team #3: - (TD Heavy, 14 Teams): 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
    Passing: 4 pts/TD - 5 if >40 yds, 3 pts 300-399 yds, 6 pts
    400-499 yds, 10 pts >500 yds. Rushing & Receiving: 6 pts/TD,
    9 pits/TD >40 yds, 1 pt 50-99 yds, 3 pts 100-199 yds, 6 pts 200+ >yds
    Starters: QB - Goff, RB - Elliott, WR - Chris Godwin, Flex - Aaron Jones, Thielen, TE - Kittle, K - Fairbairn, DEF - TEN
    Bench: QB - Trubisky, RBs - Mostert, Chase Edmonds WR - Metcalf, Curtis Samuel,TE - Graham, K - Maher, DEF - BAL (Must have Min 2 rostered each position)

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Play to win,! otherwise what were the other transactions and all this work done for? Minshew is a no brain-er

3. abb

abb Lifetime Member Premium Member

And this was exactly what I was concerned about! And he probably won’t play the rest of the season, so it’s another $12 if’ Goff misses anytime. Should always go with your gut - that’s still playing to win!

4. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

IDK if JAC keeps Minshew in or rolls with Foles. Either is a good play and my gut says (after the debacle vs HOU) they roll over back to Foles.