The Chiefs Starting Quarterback Situation.

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Arrowhead4Life, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Ok this season has been thus far a great one for us Chiefs fans. The run game, the defense, the special teams, the coaching, our record, these things have won us all of our games this season. What are we going to do though when it comes to december or playoff time and we need our QB and passing game to win us the game. I have been a big supporter and believer of the Matt Cassel era this whole time but he has shot me in the foot and made me look stupid and eat my words thus far this season. This quarterback needs to act like this is his team and start playing like it if he wants to be here next season! The quarterback is the main peace in an offense and can hold you back very much if you dont have the right one in your system. This guy thus far looks like he has no control or confidence in himself or the team. We used to say that it was the o-line but in my opinion the o-line has done the spectacular job this season. I know the reciever play isnt perfect but youve gotta have that chemistry and timing with em which it doesnt look like practice has been doing us any good in that department. These next few weeks will tell us alot about cassel and whether he is the guy for us because no matter how much he is getting payed or how commited they are we need to get the balls to pull the plug on this guy if he isnt producing what he is getting payed. If Cassel doesnt start producing these next few weeks and keeps holding down this offense from being more explosive then I have no problem with Brodie Croyle stepping in and seeing what he can do with this offense which this last offseason in training camp in everything Croyle looked sharper and more control and had chemistry with this team at times. Ive always wondered what would have happened if Croyles injurys wouldnt have happened and if he had some weapons because he has the mechanics to be a good QB in this league but had no help when he was the starter. Im not saying that he is the answer as our Quarterback of the future but im just saying that if Cassel doesnt start producing these next few weeks or look as if he has any clue or control in this offense then why not give Croyle another shot and see what he can do???? I would like to know if im the only one feeling this way right now or if there is others understanding what im saying so please everyone leave your thoughts, feelings, and opinions on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated and help me to get more of an opinion on this.

2. Cassel is clearly holding that team back...even though the receivers (Bowe) didn't help with drop passes.

If they had a better option at QB, they would've beaten the Colts. That defense is scary.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the chiefs have dumbed down their offense so much that they cannot come back in games. if they get behind, they're screwed. the chiefs don't have confidence in cassel and that's obvious. if the chiefs don't get big plays on st's, defense, and in their running game, they are going to have trouble scoring and winning.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well I don't like saying I told you so..... oh yeah I do. Cassel was a product of New England. Now at this rate his confidence is gone. His Deep pass is a joke and his reading skills are average at best. Now all those who bashed me for bashing him seem to be realizing that he just doesn't have the "it" factor. Croyle is a better overall QB but can't stay healthy. It's time to bring in someone for the future.

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I have been giving Matt Cassel the benefit of the doubt all this time until now...that game yesterday, I wanted to shoot him and Dwayne Bowe...if not for those 2, we could've won this game. Our defense had Manning so frustrated...I don't think I've ever seen Manning throw so many incomplete passes...it was great. :icon_cheesygrin:

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

There's no question that Cassel needs to replaced for you guys. I don't know how many times I thought "jesus christ he's freaking awful" watching the guy play. I can think of at least one play in particular where it was like 3rd and 4 in the redzone and he threw it in double coverage as opposed to cfreaking down to a fb over the middle which was an easy first at least and prob a touchdown. It seems like a big problem he has is he snaps the ball with a receiver he plans on throwing to and refuses to change his mind and look for someone else. I could be wrong, but that's what it seemed like to me yesterday. It's like he has an EA Madden player's mentality.. lmao. But realistically, this guy isn't going to get it done for you guys. There's no doubt. But the solution probably isn't an easy one for you guys to find, so good luck on that.

Regret losing Thigpen yet?

7. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

My final game with him was against the Browns. It made me sick. This team is just like the ones in the 90s with Deberg/Bono/Grbac. Why is it that every time we get a defense, our QB and receivers go down the tubes?

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i don't know if any of the chiefs fans on here live in k.c. but kevin keitzman today on his radio show was trying to make a case for cassel being a top 10 qb .............. he was serious too ................. :icon_rolleyes:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Top 10...:laughy32:

You easily make an argument that he's NOT Top 20...he's been horrendous.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Cassel couldn't even sniff the top 10 when he had his big year with New England. To be honest with you I haven't seen enough of him this year to say what he is or what he isn't but what I saw from years past wasn't too encouraging. Last year he was bad and I knew it wasn't just a product of being in a terrible offense.

11. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Kietzman is the biggest idiot on sports radio in this area. I blame Bowe more than Cassel for the loss against the Colts, but Cassel has been consistently bad.

12. I am very interested to see what Brody Croyle can do if he can stay healthy. He came in last year and played well against Baltimores defense.

13. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I've already stopped listening to Kietzman. I've switched over to Nick Wright in the afternoons.

14. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

See some of the same stuff with Cassel I see with Alex. Got a guy who has played well in certain sytems and situations and yet the coaching staff still tries repeatedly to shove them in a box that they just don't fit into. Why do teams repeatedly draft/sign players who have excelled in shotgun and spread formations and insist on them playing "pro-style" under center play action football? If that is what you want for your system, get a qb who can run it.

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Yeah and it sucks too! :icon_redface: