The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Nixon

Nixon would you kindly

bukowski: born into this - 3/5. christ he was an butthole but i'll be hecked if he wasn't entertaining as hell.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

A Night At The Opera - 2.5 of 5 stars.
    This is a Marx brothers film that in my opinion didn't even come close to being as funny as Duck Soup to me. There were some funny moments, but overall it seemed too "Hollywood". I only laughed out loud a few times, whereas during Duck Soup, I did many times. They seemed too contained to a movie formula that MGM imposed on them instead of being loose and anything goes like in Duck Soup with Paramount.

3. mouse

mouse Starter

Superbad- Still Funny As Hell

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i watched i am legend.... it was good but i thought it woulda been better if they followed the book more closely

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i freaking love that movie

6. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

watching my #1 favorite movie of all time, "Memento" right now

7. DawkinsINT

Factotum - 3 of 5 stars
    This film is a couple of years old, but I hadn't watched it until yesterday. It's sorted of based on some Bukowski stories rolled into one character. I thought Matt Dillon was really good, like I usually do...heck the haters. Lili Taylor also did a good job. I might have liked this a little more or less if I wasn't distracted at times listening to my friend's chick snitching about how slow it was. I thought about stopping it so I could watch it alone later without distraction, but then I was like, "Screw it. You came to my home without even being invited, I'm going to do what I want." I said that internally, not to her. :lol:

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

8. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Just watched Shoot'em Up and I gotta say this was a good movie. If you like a one man kills hundreds type of movie then this is a must watch. I don't think he goes more than 2 minutes without shooting some one. Good action flick.IMO

9. RAF Eagle

RAF Eagle yup yup

I Am Legend - 5/5

Was very surprised with how much I liked this movie, the weird mutants I thought may have been a bit OTT before seing the film, but after watching I was surprised with how much I liked the weird mutanty things. And the dog Sam was the perfect companion, better than any human companion

10. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

One of my all-time favorites. We should sit down and discuss it one of these days, I think I have some solid theories on it.

11. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

RAF Legend... I couldn't agree more. Did you find it scarier than you anticipated? I certainly did! A good 5/5 or (9.5/10 if we're being choosy). It's going to be such a big success seeing as it's just mainly one character throughout the whole film.

They could have given him a better name than Robert Neville though. :icon_rolleyes:

12. RAF Eagle

RAF Eagle yup yup

well he is a scientist, unknown scientists always have borring names :icon_cheesygrin:

13. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Unknown? His name was all over the news! Just.... no-one was there to see it. :icon_eek:

14. RAF Eagle

RAF Eagle yup yup

well I s'pose

30 Days of Night - 2.5/5

Was ok, I do enjoy fantasy movies with Vampires, Werewolfs and the like, but a bit to much Vampire screaming to be truly enjoyable. Plus Hartnett isn't exactly amazing and the Vampires looked more like aliens than Vampires which ruined it a bit.

15. DawkinsINT

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - 3.50 of 5 stars
    Hilarious. I got so many good hard laughs watching this one. The "Let's Duet", Beatles in India, and "You Don't Want This Crap!" scenes were hysterical along with others. Tons of great lines in the movie. Tim Meadows cracked me up just about every time he opened his mouth. I'm going to see this one again for sure.

16. DawkinsINT

Once - 3.5 of 5 stars.
    This movie is being termed a "modern day musical" by some, and I can see why they call it that. It's not like musicals of the past that I've watched. A lot of the film is told through music, but it's done by the main characters trying to make an album. It's a low budget movie that at times really feels almost like a documentary instead of a film. It really works because they didn't use actors in the lead roles. The main character is played by the leader of The Frames. His real life girlfriend who is also a musician plays the girl. The fact that they really made some of these songs together makes it work. Actors playing musicians wouldn't have given the movie the feel that it had. At times it was slow and there were a couple of songs that I didn't care for, but overall it's a fantastic movie. It's not for everyone though. I can see people hating it.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Save your coin and stay home for the AVP~R, it's the worse of the bunch a total waste of time and coin!!!!

18. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

just bought and watched hostel 2... got it mainly because was best movie i could find at the store in blue ray..... movie was pretty good though some nice gory crap

19. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

got done watching "Eastern Promises." not a bad flick, but i didn't love it. may have to watch it again

20. mouse

mouse Starter

WALK HARD- 3 1/2 OUT OF 5
    WILL PROBABLY BE HIT OR MISS WITH MOST PEOPLE, NO INBETWEEN. I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY DAMN FUNNY.

I AM LEGEND- 2 OUT OF 5
    THIS WAS DUMB AS HELL FO THE MOST PART. I DON'T SEE WHAT THE HYPE IS ABOUT.

NATIONAL TREASURE: BOOK OF SERETS- 3 1/2 OUT OF 5
    IF YOU LIKED THIS FIRST ONE, YOU WILL LIKE THIS ONE.