The Prince Of LA New 49ers Head Coach?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by chiefswin19games, Oct 21, 2008.

1. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I just heard on College Football Live that when Pete Carroll was questioned about possibly becoming the new head coach of the 49ers he said "no comment". He didn't deny that he was interested. Thoughts?

I don't think he'll do it. After all, he is the Prince of LA.

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Who knows. Mike the Second doesn't seem like he's a long term answer apparenlty from what I see/hear. I imagine Pete will stay in USC, though.

3. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

He would be dumb to leave his kingdom. Plus, he already had a shot in the NFL and failed.

4. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

All the more reason why he probably won't do it.

5. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

i expect him to stay at USC, but his "no comment" responce makes me think he is at least considering it

6. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

Rumors of Pete in this situation seem to come up pretty regularly.

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Or maybe he was about to laugh at the guy's face and that's the only thing he could say... :redface:

8. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

True but he grew up in the SF area and has several ties there.

Petros Papadakis, Fox College football annoucer/sports radio guru/former USC FB, thinks Pete would go to the 9ers for 10 mil straight up.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't think Carroll will do it

10. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

^
    that

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Especially as being SC coach means free schooling for his kids...

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Carroll has stated numerous times that he has found his niche in college football where he reigns high. He won't be coming back to the pros, much less SF..IMO

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

We went through all this with Carroll rumors ladt offseason and even back when Erickson was fired too. Nothing new or news here, just some reporters trying to fill a page. From now until sometime this offseason, everyone is going to hear every possible coaching name from every corner of the earth they could possibly imagine be run through this wringer.