The trade deadline thread

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by LebaneseFF, Feb 19, 2014.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I Thought I would create a thread about all the rumors out there. the Deadline is on Thursday

1. Grizzlies and Twolves

The Memphis Grizzlies are discussing a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves centered on forward Chase Budinger and guard J.J. Barea, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...dinger-and-tayshaun-prince-002853548-nba.html

2. 2 teams on the record going after Rajon Rondo
    Sacramento and Toronto

3. Nets are very active

There was some JArret Jack Rumors for Jason Terry
    There was some Jordan Hill Rumors for the DPE the nets have from the Lopez injury
    and more recently there is some Marcus Thornton rumors with the Kings

4. The Bobcats

Are working those phones, who knows what they are offering but they have some real interesting pieces

5. The Sixers

They remain the most active team on the phones, most believe they are offering Hawes.

6. Clippers

Doc is looking for a big man off the bench

7. Rockets

Looking for a team to take on Lin and or Asik

8. Lakers

Looking to get rid of contracts for the offseason

9. Suns

Not sure what they are looking for but they seem pretty active

That is the ones I know of. Feel free to post

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

About 10 days ago the Suns were hot on the warpath of obtaining Pau Gasol. Looked like a deal was imminent then fizzled. Damn. Not sure what direction they're looking now, but with the "Cinderella" season they've put together so far, they're gonna do something.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

if hawes is part of a deal to bring kevin love to philly along with evan turner and one of the 1st rounds picks id drive the limo myself to minny.

4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

All's quiet on the Western front so far.

Let's have some action already!

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Someone with CBS Sports started a rumor about the Mavs being interested in Kevin Love, but that's bogus.

6. markaz

Hot off the press from the most insightful and knowledgeable source on the internet......Bleacher Report:

Prediction: Minnesota Timberwolves trade J.J. Barea, Shabazz Muhammad, Ronny Turiaf and a 2016 first-round pick to Philadelphia 76ers for PF Thaddeus Young. Phoenix Suns trade Emeka Okafor and a 2014 first-round pick (via Indiana) for C Spencer Hawes and SF Evan Turner.

So according to that highly regarded sports info site that is Bleacher Report, my Suns get Hawes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...adline-predictions-for-every-nba-team/page/24

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

If the TWolves let Love go, which they probably eventually will, they might as well give up.

markaz likes this.
  8. LebaneseFF

So there were some small trades yesterday but The Sixers new GM seemed like he was on a mission to acquire the entire 2nd round of the 2014 DRAFT!

By my counts he acquired 6 2nd round draft picks! 6 ! WTF.

Pacers came out the real winners. and will be the most dangerous team for the HEAT. If the Brooklyn Nets don't do any noise, you know I am cheering for the Pacers.

markaz likes this.
  9. markaz

Small? The Pacers acquire Evan Turner. All of a sudden I think the East belongs to the Pacers.

10. LebaneseFF

I Wrote it at the bottom, trying to avoid the Pacers at all cost. they are big, they are deep and they are dangerous. Exec of the Year needs to go to Pritchard/Bird. What a fantastic job they have done

11. markaz

Saw it Leb.....just looking for that something that can unseat the Heat and I think Turner is the guy. No doubt the Pacers were the winner in that deal.

12. LebaneseFF

Yeah he could be the missing piece.

What the Sixers did is beyond me? Tanking is good an all. but you don't need 6 2nd round picks Every year we have 1-5 guys who make it from the 2nd round. you do the math

13. markaz

What in the hell happened to that once proud franchise? About 3 to 4 years ago they started the season on fire and looked like the real deal and then tanked. Pretty sad when the Raptors are light years ahead of the 76er's.

14. LebaneseFF

I hope I don't piss anyone off by saying this. But here is what happened. in two words.

ROD THORN!

I used to love Rod Thorn, but he f.ed up two franchises and just left.

Sure he had his moments, in 1984 and 2001

Other then that he is useless

15. markaz

Maybe he's on a 17 year plan between successes. If he keeps this pace up he won't be around. Everybody looks like a freakin' hero with a Michael Jordan on the court. Didn't that idiot also draft Carl Lewis when Thorn was with the Bulls?

16. LebaneseFF

Lol he was already replaced. He actually retired last season he is now the President of Basketball Operations for the NBA. Now his replacement is following in his footsteps.

17. LebaneseFF

yeah that was him :)

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm not sure how you guys can knock the Sixers' strategy.

You can't win big in the NBA without high draft picks. Having Carter-Williams now, Nerlens Noel coming back next year, a top 3 pick upcoming in this year's draft, lots of picks to maneuver and plenty of cap space for free agents makes their future much more bright than it would have been without doing this.

Will it pay off? Who knows, but I agree with their thinking.

19. LebaneseFF

yes but that plan was already in place before the deadline yesterday. You had Mcw you had high draft picks . What you did yesterday. You sent hawes and Turner for 4 2nd round picks. Not high picks. You have around 6 picks in the 2nd round that is insane

20. LebaneseFF

Turner was 2nd overall. You got nothing back o don't understand that