There's 'Greater Concern' About Redskins QB Robert Griffin Than Team Is Letting On

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Jan 13, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ever since the Redskins and Dr. James Andrews said they expected quarterback Robert Griffin III to be ready in time for the 2013 regular season, those kinds of assuring words surrounding Griffin and his right knee have evaporated. A few days ago, a source told the Washington Post's Mike Jones that the Redskins privately know it's "optimistic" to think their star will be healthy by Week 1.

On Saturday, a league source told ProFootballTalk.com that "there is much greater concern regarding Griffin's knee than anyone connected to the Redskins or Griffin has publicly conceded."

Griffin is facing a long summer rehabbing his right LCL and, for the second time, his right ACL. He also had a torn meniscus in that knee and will need to do some work on his left knee since Dr. Andrews needed to take a patellar tendon graft from that knee to repair the damage and that's not all to be worried about when it comes to Griffin, as the source told PFT's Mike Florio.

"[T]he biggest concern, as the source explained it, is the damage to Griffin's cartilage. With the ACL in the right knee now torn twice in less than four years, Griffin has lost enough cartilage in his knee to raise concerns about how much remains and how long it will last. Eventually, Griffin could be dealing with bone-on-bone contact and the chronic pain that goes along with it. And he's still only 22."

Source: FFToolbox.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think a lot of us had the same "suspect" and concern here...it would be a travesty for RGIII, the Redskins and the fans of the NFL if he didn't get to play his "full career" because of the knee. Well maybe the fans in Philly wouldn't mind...:wink:

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

If it ends his career. Shanahan wont be able to get a job at McDonalds after this.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If the nfl takes greg williams back,and there is every indcation to think they will eventually,somebody will offer him a job,if not in the nfl,college.
    I Do think he overdosed on dumbass pills by not removing rg3 after that last td pass and the skins up 14-0 last sunday.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The question is, how much impact it had, to let him play after RG reinjured his knee

6. SRW

How are heads not rolling in Washington for this?

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

There is nothing for heads to roll over yet,and it will only be a problem if rg3 has a really hard time recovering from it.

8. SRW

This potentially can set the franchise back. How Shanahan isn't held accountable for not seeing what the rest of the world saw is beyond me.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

after the season they had,snyder ain't gonna fire shanahan! if i were the nflpa,i'd be investigating this until i got a decent answer,and i have yet to see one of those.

10. SRW

NFLPA said they were dropping an investigation earlier this week. I don't understand why. This kid's career could be done.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Re: There's 'Greater Concern' About Redskins QB Robert Griffin Than Team Is Letting O

They will next year if Shanny doesn't have a year like he did. And in the NFC East, its hard to string together sustained success

Sent from my HTC Vivid

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Shanny sucks as a head coach in my view. and his son is an even worse OC,and haslett is flat out pathetic! he should make some major changes,at least fire haslett.redskins have a great offense in place and talent,but i'd love to see them dump haslett and go after lovie smith as DC,but shanny is too dumb to do that! and the eagles either made the playoffs all the time under reid as did dallas under parcells,so the skins have as good of a chance as anybody in the nfc east next season.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Re: There's 'Greater Concern' About Redskins QB Robert Griffin Than Team Is Letting O

Not saying they don't. Hell even if RG3 is still hurt, Cousins could light it up. I was a huge fan of his.

It's just a really hard division to stay on top in. For some reason its very middling. The teams put good talent on the field, but they struggle to.maintain consistancy. Even the Giants who have two SBs in the last five years. They have also missed the playoffs twice in the same span

Sent from my HTC Vivid

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

That division has been like that as long as i have watched it,with the exception of the late 1980s and early 90s when dallas,ny,and the skins fought it out and all won superbowls.

15. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

He had a ACL repair done in College. You would think with the same knee having been injured Shanny would pull him. Willams was trying to take out the other teams players not his own.

16. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

he messed up his knee. I dont need to read any media or listen to the radio to know its a long road ahead for repair and rehab

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Lets all just wait and see how he recovers. My guess is he'll be suited up and starting come week 1. He's the kind of guy that will do every single thing possible to get healthy for next season. I don't doubt his full recovery at all.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

Had two weeks between home games to fix that field.

Buy hey Snyder saved some money so it's all good.

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

But who ended up paying for it? The coaches and the gm did! my guess is that peyton knew what all was happening anyway! if you are a superbowl winning coach,you can get a job in the nfl easily,no matter what you have done in the past.

20. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

no doubt rg3 has the character and work ethic to come back from this injury

i just dont see him coming back being faster or stronger