Three Teams Express Interest In Raiders RFA LB Kirk Morrison?

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Raiders linebacker Kirk Morrison is a restricted free agent who appears obtainable because of a low tender that would net Oakland only a third-round pick if another team lures him away. Morrison was a guest of Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots today on "The Sirius Blitz" on Sirius NFL Radio. When pressed by Schein on whether the Giants are pursuing him, Morrison wouldn't bite, though he did say there are a few teams who are interested in his services. "I'm technically an Oakland Raider still. That's No. 1," Morrison said. "But at the same time, you have to explore your options for the future, for the long term. There are some teams out there that would be a good fit, I feel like. But we just have to wait and see."

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
  2. If we obtain Morrison for a third, we can focus on filling our need at defensive tackle in the draft. Dan Williams from Tennessee should be available at #15. Its just preliminary so far, but I like what I'm hearing thus far. :icon_cool:

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

So maybe the Giants..but who else? Personally I'd like to see my Browns acquire him for the third and let Dqwell Jackson go for a second.

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I love that scenario.

5. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

I think he'll end up in Cleveland when you consider the fact that Rob Ryan is apart of the staff.
    To be honest with everyone, I REALLY don't want Kirk to walk because who's going to replace him?

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

You won't replace his production, and he's worth a bit more but the third you'd get would get you a quality player in this draft

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

we can't let him go guy is a stud

8. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

If Morrison walks we wouldnt be losing anything he was a third rounder it will be another opportunity to get a better and younger and hungrier backer in the draft im all for it. His tackling downfiled was great i guess thats how you guys measure backers because thats all he did this season. hes a great linebacker 5,6 yards after the line of scrimmage.