Tiger Woods Gets 2 Stroke Penalty At The Masters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TheDuke, Apr 13, 2013.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

AUGUSTA, Ga. — Tiger Woods was assessed a two-shot penalty at the Masters on Saturday for taking an illegal drop on the 15h hole during Friday's second round. The Masters issued a statement 40 minutes after play in the third round began. After being prompted by a television viewer, the Rules Committee reviewed a video of the shot on 15 while Woods was playing the 18th hole. At the time, the committee determined Woods had complied with the rules, according to the statement. After the round, Woods said he played his fifth shot further from the point from where he had hit his third round, which would constitute playing from the wrong place. This warranted the committee to further review and discuss the matter with Woods Saturday morning.

Source: USA Today

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think it's crap from the perspective that there were 3 officials within 15 yards of him yesterday and not 1 of them could have said "Hey Tiger, here's your options, not what you're doing." Some players think it's fair, others are complaining. If this was someone who wasn't capable of coming back from -1 and smoking everyone, no one would care. Either way, I think it makes it a guarantee that he won't win this year. He's 5 back going into his round and Day is playing pretty good. I'm rooting for Freddy Couples at this point.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I doubt Tiger will rally. Remember the text he sent to Rory?

[​IMG]

Looks like Tiger needs to follow his own advice lol.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Tiger probably should have been DQed, but the TV ratings would have gone in the toilet if that that had happened. Whether you love him or hate him, IMO, people watch golf because of Tiger Woods.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reP8xiXOaBg]Breaking Down The Tiger Ruling - YouTube[/ame]

6. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I think it is stupid that a fan can call in and affect the outcome. What other sport would allow that?

7. DaBears22

It's happened many times before. Padraig Harrington and Camilo Villegas are two that I can recall fans phoning in penalties.

8. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I know that it has happened, it's just a practice in golf that I don't agree with.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Dq'd for that? Obviously you're kidding.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Rags don't kid.

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Lol, go home ragman, you're drunk.

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He'd of been DQ'ed if he knowingly signed a false scorecard. At the time he signed it the score was correct. The 2 stroke penalty wasn't enforced until 9:00 AM this morning so there's no way he could have known. As for the "he moved the ball knowingly" argument, never, ever has a player placed a ball exactly where it should've been. They always move it a little and he was only about a yard away from where it needed to be. It's a non issue. That being said, there should be some AWESOME golf going on tomorrow.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm just watching to hear the "Baba Booey's."

14. DaBears22

Just one time I'd like to hear some yell out " Noonan !! " during the Masters.

15. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

tigers only 4 back now and will be in the hunt

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I wonder if the chubby Denney's waitress is pissed or pleased.

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I think it was racism

18. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCeJB6UUfZE]Tiger talks third round and penalty strokes - YouTube[/ame]

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Where are the announcers physically at? A van or one of those tree forts? Why do they have to whisper if they aren't at the hole?

20. DaBears22

Not sure where they are at but they got to be on the grounds somewhere I would think.

Tiger finished at 5 under and Angel Cabrera just tied Jason Day and Adam Scott for the lead at 8 under.

edit: Scott and Cabrera going to a playoff, tied at 9 under.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013