Tiger Woods Plays Pro-Am, Says Back Feels Fine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sportsguy, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Just four days removed from falling to his knees during the final round of the Barclays, Tiger Woods returned inside the ropes for a pro-am Thursday at TPC Boston and showed no ill effects of the back problems that hampered him at Liberty National.

The world's No. 1-ranked player said after the Deutsche Bank Championship pro-am that he hadn't swung a club since Sunday.

Woods originally planned to play just nine holes Thursday and then chip and putt on the back nine, as he had done in the Barclays pro-am. Instead, he went the full 18 with his foursome of amateurs that included New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Woods noted that despite the cold conditions, he was able to hit his driver without incident.

"I hit driver pretty much almost every hole today," said Woods, who made four birdies, including at the par-5 18th hole, where he knocked his third shot from the fairway to within tap-in range. "It was soft, drizzly, cold -- cold for a Florida kid. So it required a bunch of drivers. And I had no problems hitting them and it felt good to be able to have that feeling again, considering the last time I swung a club it wasn't that way."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013