Tiger Woods To Rest Elbow, Skipping AT&T National

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sportsguy, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

In a little more than a month, Tiger Woods went from being tough to beat to having a tough time even playing.

Woods said Wednesday that soreness in his left elbow would keep him from defending his title next week in the AT&T National at Congressional, and that he would not compete again until the Open Championship next month at Muirfield.

This is the sixth straight year that injury has kept him from either playing a tournament or finishing one.

The culprit this time is a strain in his left elbow. The problem first became apparent during the opening round of the U.S. Open last week at Merion, when he was flexing his left wrist or dangling his arm behind his back after shots out of the thick, punishing rough.

"I was examined after I returned home from the U.S. Open, and the doctors determined I have a left elbow strain," Woods said on his website. "I have been advised to take a few weeks off, rest and undergo treatment. I'll be ready to go for the British Open, and I'm looking forward to playing at Muirfield."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013