Tiki Barber Says Ronde Barber Doesn't Work Hard On Every Play

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Joining Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan Friday afternoon on Sirius NFL Radio was former Giants running back Tiki Barber and he had a lot to say. Barber was asked if he is amazed how well his brother Buccaneers cornerback Ronde Barber is still playing, and Tiki responded by describing what is going on in Ronde's head. Tiki also hinted that this fall will quite possibly be Ronde's final campaign. "He keeps his body in such good condition," Tiki Barber said. "Frankly, I lost the desire and the ability to do that. Ronde is a warrior in workouts, he keeps his body in such good shape. "Even though he is in such good condition he told me that he's not able to keep up with the younger guys like he used to. But where he has an advantage over the other guys is he uses his mind. He studies so much tape. That way, he's able to get a step or two on guys he normally couldn't handle because his mind is so much sharper." Tiki Barber also is a bit jealous, noting Ronde's body hasn't taken near the punishment as Tiki's has, "He can go 15 plays without working; he can go 15 plays without getting hit," Tiki Barber said. "He doesn't realize that I had to work every play. Just because I wasn't running the ball on a play didn't mean I wasn't working."

Source: JoeBucsFan.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
  2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Oh you mad cause your brother is possibly a Hall of Famer?

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Tiki showing his class as per usual.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Damn Tiki, you're not supposed to throw your own family under the bus

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Damn that's low!

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

That headline is misleading as a motherhecker and believe me I'm not in the defending Tiki business, heck Tiki. It seems he's just saying RB vs. CB, RB has to work harder on average per play.

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

well duh tiki ya rb should be taking the hits... not giving the ball away... remember Ronde takes the ball away and is a super bowl champ....

anyone else with me... heck tiki barber....penguin hecker!

8. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I'm with ya.

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The title is hugely mis-leading, and even if he says that, it's true, Corners don't need to be 100% all the time, they just need to know when to go at that level.

10. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Yeah Tiki is just bitter that his brother has a ring! And i don't care how misleading the article! you can totally sense resentment

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Going against a brother or a family member worst thing you could possibly do.

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I think this is being taken waaaaaay out of context. Besides Rhonde would whoop Tiki's butt if he got outta pocket. :icon_cheesygrin:

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Why is he talking like he's responding to something Tiki said?

This makes no sense at all.

14. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I agree. I don't think he was implying that Ronde doesn't work hard on every play. It seemed like he was praising his brother in an envious, jealous twin-brother type of way.

15. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Just pissed cause he retired too early cause he's a little SNITCH.

16. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Well at least we know which twin received all the poison and venom in there blood.

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Nothing quite like Brotherly Love. :icon_cool:

18. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

IM WITH YOU ALL THE WAY MAN

19. LoneWizard

LoneWizard Rookie

The real problem here is that Tiki THINKS he has something valuable to say. He doesn't. He should just keep his mouth shut but his ego will not let him. Hopefully soon he will just fade away and not be heard from again.

1 person likes this.
  20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Seriously LoneWizard why did he sound like he was replying to Ronde?

Was there a reason to mouth off like this, did Ronde say something we don't know about?