Tiki strikes back at Eli...Ronde joins in

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Saintsfan1972, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Barber made it a point to address Manning's comments tonight on Siruis Radio's "Barber Shop." He also recruited some help in attempt to further damage Eli's reputation. Twin brother Ronde Barber accompanied Tiki on the set and joyously joined in on a pathetically immature mocking of the New York Giants quarterback.

It was a constant barrage for almost two hours with Ronde making comments about Eli's "testes finally dropping" and Tiki adding that "Kerry Collins was a true leader," claiming the Giants "shouldn't have let him go." They also added that Eli's return-fire was "laughable" and that Tiki is part of the media now and it's his job to be controversial.

link

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I would actually like to hear that.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I love it when people make fun of Elisa Manning :D

4. shooboxx

shooboxx Starter

jeezuz h christ.... I really wanted to think that Tiki wasn't going be a complete attn tramp...but I guess he is. I know that he was vocal when he was a player against certain things especially in the last couple years..but he seemed fairly clear and concise in what his issues were and didn't come off as a complete jackass (imo). This stuff is just stupid on his part. Even though there was some bad feelings about how he announced his retirement, he could have came though it one of the most remembered and respected NYG players and hes completely screwing that up now. Wow.

5. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

yeah Ronde killed them both during his radio show this week.

6. shooboxx

shooboxx Starter

yeah so would I. Seems like the article is taking some opinionated liberties. Ive listened to the Barber Shop a few times when I had Sirius...and its a pretty laid back format...and Ronde is the evil twin of them two, so the idea of him taking some smart butt shots isnt too off the wall. Id like to hear in what context things were said.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yup. Context is everything.

8. shooboxx

shooboxx Starter

you know... just because Eli is completely freaking goobered.... no reason to name call.... its just not right. :icon_twisted::icon_wink:

(jk .... i dont think hes completely goobered...) :icon_neutral:

9. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

what a douche bag

10. fancyfalloon

fancyfalloon Starter

Again, I wonder what the context was, but that is really surprising as he always seemed like a mature 1st class citizen. Talking about Eli's testes dropping, whether it is true or not :icon_lol: just doesn't seem like classic tiki or ronde

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Screw You. Tiki and Ronde rock, from UVA.:icon_cool:

Any Elisa Manning bashing is good to me.

12. JordanTaber

JordanTaber Starter

I hate all three of them. Ronde is a piece of crap corner who wouldn't even still be in the NFL if not for the cover 2 defense. A 5'10" corner who runs a 4.7? LMAO...

Eli Manning is a spoiled brat and one of the craptiest QBs imaginable. He is Michael Vick without the legs (as a player, I mean). He should've stayed in school and partied another year.

Tiki is Shaun Alexander's long lost brother. Unlike the others, I actually respect (ed) him as a player...but he's a little twat.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

as much as sheli annoys me......why tiki waited till he retired to say these thing is just a snitch move he shoulda done that when he was playing with him face to face like hecken men but i guess that would be be asking too much from a snitch

14. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

QFT

15. pacoltsguy

pacoltsguy Guest

Tiki is a jerk. Before Coughlin arrived and put him under the microscope, Tiki couldn't hang on to the ball. Coughlin taught Tiki to be a Pro-Bowl running back and yet Tiki threw him under the bus. You don't believe me? Check the stats.

As far as Eli is concerned, I think everyone is ready to trash him way too soon. Compare his stats to Peyton's early years; Eli is not that far off the mark--and Peyton had an organization that was dedicated to building a kick-butt offense around him. The Giants fans expect a strong defense; its their history.

Tiki should just shut up about the Giants-he walked away from them-and learn how to be a real sports reporter.

16. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

Lol that's funny but immature as hell at the same time..

Context though, as some people have already mentioned, will be important here..

17. pacoltsguy

pacoltsguy Guest

You talking to me? What I said is far from being immature. You need to quit following the leader and simply pay attention.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

mcnabb made him a star. :bad:

19. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

Did I quote you? What's there to call immature in your entire post? What's this topic about? What did the topic post contain?

Those are questions to consider..

20. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

Eli didn't leave early. He stayed for his senior year.

Tiki is an immature, unprofessional jerk who needs to learn to stfu about his former teammates. total snitch move

so not true. peyton was an elite QB starting his 2nd year.

Peyton's 2nd year: TD/INT of 26/15, followed by a 33/15 year
    Eli: 24/17 followed by 24/18

eli's completion % is way off. YPA not close.

Eli has simply not developed the way Peyton did. Eli's been a disappointment. Maybe he one day will become one of the NFL's better QBs, but to compare his career this far with Peyton's is folly.