Tim Tebow Becoming Broncos Backup QB?

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Sweets, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Is rookie Tim Tebow officially the No. 2 quarterback? The Broncos closed practice to the media Tuesday before engaging in team drills, so it won't be known until early in their preseason game Thursday night at Minnesota whom coach Josh McDaniels prefers as his backup quarterback. Starting quarterback Kyle Orton is expected to play one or two series Thursday, if Tebow replaces Orton first, as he did during the second half Sunday against Pittsburgh, his promotion to the No. 2 slot will be all but official. Should former first-round draft pick Brady Quinn be the first sub in, Tebow may still be the game-day backup so he can be used in short-yardage and goal-line situations. But the competition for the true backup position may be on. "We're going to let them compete today and in Minnesota," McDaniels said. "Both players have done some good things, both players have turned the ball over, both players have been able to function in the two-minute offense and I think that both players have plenty of room to improve. "From that standpoint, I think this game will probably help us determine kind of where we see everything."

Source: Denver Post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I figured the Steelers opened some eyes... Guess not.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

If Brady Quinn cannot beat out a guy who 90 % of football analysts declared will be a failure in the NFL, then his career has no hope.

1 person likes this.