Todd Grantham Out Of Saints' Defensive Coordinator Chase

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Feb 8, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham has withdrawn his name from consideration for the New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator position, Grantham said in a statement Friday night. Saints Coach Sean Payton interviewed Grantham for the open spot on his staff Thursday.

He was the first of two candidates Payton interviewed for the job this week as Payton interviewed former Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Friday.

"I want to thank Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints organization for the opportunity to interview and get to know them," Grantham said in a statement Friday night. "They are a first-class organization in every respect. As I said Wednesday, Georgia is a great place, my family loves it here, and I do as well.

"This is where our heart is and today I have withdrawn my name from consideration for the position with the Saints. I'm excited to start preparations for another season and along with the rest of our defensive staff look forward to coaching some really good returning players as well as developing some very talented newcomers."

Source: The Times Picayune