Todd Haley Still Has Confidence In Chiefs QB Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Dec 8, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Matt Cassel will be right back under center when the reeling Chiefs host Buffalo on Sunday. Cassel was 10 for 29 for 84 yards, with two interceptions and two sacks when he was pulled in the third quarter of the blowout last week against the Broncos. Haley seemed to signal that Cassel is back in good graces. "I thought Matt did some really good things that should have had us in a better position than we were in," said Haley. "I thought that's how he had played in the first half. He avoided a couple of sacks and made positive plays out of it, and again made some throws that probably should have been big gains for us. In the third quarter ... our team as a whole unraveled more offensively. And Matt's his own worst critic. He's disappointed with a couple of plays he made in that stretch, as are the other guys on the offense."

Source: CBS Sports

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Once the rest of the team comes together I really hope this guy produces for us.

3. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

he has a big & accurate arm. once he gets some legitmate weapons and time. he will do fine.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm not so sure about the 'big' part dude, I've seen him under throw Chambers a few times on sure TD's if he would have gotten the ball in front of him...

5. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

ive seen him throw the ball 45-50 yards. it not the prettiest ball thrown, but it gets there.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm not hating on him, once he's able to get a rhythm going I want him to do well.

Desperately want him to do well.

7. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

i want him to fail so we can get a real QB