Tom Benson Might Ask NFL To Reconsider Sean Payton's Suspension

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It remains highly unlikely that New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton will stand on the sideline and coach a game this season. Yet owner Tom Benson might ask the league to reconsider its iron-fist stance on his Super Bowl-winning head coach.

There's no guarantee Benson will ask NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to reduce Payton's season-long suspension if former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue reduces the suspensions of the players connected to the bounty scandal, according to a league source. But Benson will let the process play out and asking Goodell to reconsider his stance on Payton isn't off the table, the source said.

Source: The Times-Picayune

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Doubt that happens.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Payton has already served 6 games. So why?

4. Chipper10

Why won't it happen, or why would they change it now?

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

why ask why, drink bud dry. also some tequila smoke a joint and forget about it for a year.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

don't give up man, that's what they want us to do

7. Buck Fenson

I gave up on the season for more than that. One, I can't watch any of the games except prime time games. Two, it was a ritual from me and my mom to watch the Saints games together. She got me into the Saints back in the day and now I just lost interest in watching the games. Too many memories that I don't want to deal with right now.

8. Chipper10

That sucks, Buck.

I haven't lost hope in the season. We win 2 of the next 3 games, and we're not out of anything. And I don't see why we can't win all three of them.

9. Buck Fenson

maybe next season when I have my own place I will get the NFL package on one of the dishes so I can watch all the Saints games. After seeing the score watching the game sorta sucks. Stuck here in Texans and Cowboy country. Texans are not as bad cause they are AFC. But I refuse to cheer for the Cowboys. And I don't like to watch teams just for them to lose.