Tommie Harris Defensive About His Status With Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Oct 31, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A serious Tommie Harris addressed the media Friday, his first public comments since his mysterious benching Sunday. Asked about the health of his left knee, Harris became a little defensive. "I don't even think that was an issue," Harris said. "I think somebody just made that up. So we'll just leave that alone." Asked if he had something to prove to Bears coach Lovie Smith, the three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle raised his tone a notch. "I don't have to show him anything," Harris said. "He knows what I can do. Everybody knows what I can do. I don't have to prove anything to anybody. I prove it to myself. I owe it to my teammates. I owe it to this organization to get back to tip-top shape."

Source: Chicago Tribune

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Freudian slip, Tommie?

You said your knee was fine for some time now...

3. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Ugh heck this crap. Either get in shape or die. Yes it is a tough decision but hey Tommie life is full of tough choices. So get back on the field or blast yourself. That is my suggestion. :icon_evil:

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Tommie, the Bears are paying you all this money and you are just starting to practice for the first time in what, a month and a half? Yet you say your knee is just fine. Just remember, in sports at some lower levels, NO PRACTICE, NO PLAY.