Tony Gonzalez Believes He's The Greatest TE Ever

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by pctrips, Oct 18, 2009.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

In an exclusive interview on NFL GameDay Morning, Atlanta Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez sat down with NFL Network's Stacey Dales to talk about his quest for a Super Bowl, what it was like to change teams and his status among the all-time great tight ends. Gonzalez, who holds the all-time records for receptions, yards and touchdowns among tight ends, was asked if he considers himself the best to ever play the position. "Confidently speaking, I think I have to go with, 'Yeah.' Why not? I've worked hard," Gonzalez said. "I have the records. But, politically speaking, it's really hard to tell. Because, tight end, it's a unique position. It's not just about catching footballs. You have to block, too. I'd like to think I've done a pretty good job with that."

Source: NFL.com

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

oh he finally admitted it. lol. a) we knew. b) stop bragging about it. c) ok fine, you were asked the question.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

He may be right, it's just strange to read it. Me and I have never been a part of his NFL vocabulary.

4. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

He's definitely up there. Always liked his game.

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

If you read that quote he worded his answer perfectly and he wasn't bragging. :icon_rolleyes:

6. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I thought Shockey was the all time greatest TE :icon_eek:

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree with tony g.