Tony Gonzalez Says Last Two Years With Chiefs Was Frustrating

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, May 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez said during an interview with 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City Wednesday that his last two season with the Kansas City Chiefs were "incredibly, incredibly frustrating." Gonzalez added, "Obviously, last year, when I did ask for a trade, that was on my mind. It's not that I didn't believe in the team and believe in the direction it was going. It was just how quickly were we going to get there? That's frustrating when you're on a team with a bunch of young guys and you're not winning."

Source: KFFL.com

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That makes me feel like crying.

:bawl:

I miss you Tony...

3. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I don't blame him for being frustrated.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No one blames him for being frustrated, or leaving.

I just miss him is all.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Tony to chiefs fans was what dawkins is to eagles fans. :icon_sad:

6. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

I think the best Pro in the league IMO

7. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

It was frustrating to us fans too... I will miss him.... ALL of him

8. ball in the baskett

You had dreams of him giveing you the hammer?

9. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

:laughy32: No the heimlich!

10. ball in the baskett

Oh i see how you roll.

11. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

yeah i miss him too ...

GOOD LUCK TG ! :buttrock:

12. Everyone misses Tony but we both sides had to move on and its best for the future

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I wish him well with the Falcons.

Get your playoff wins Tony.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Tony is a good interview, very honest, and 2 other interesting things that Tony said during that interview:

Tony stated that (paraphrase) ".........when I sat down to meet pioli and haley face to face and asked about the status of a certain other player, they replied 'its none of your business' to which I replied 'You're right'"...........

At least Tony knew his place there and knew that this new regime doesn't allow players to dictate decisions.

And then he went on to say, "........I'm not saying it's right or wrong but the new regime has a certain coaching style and at this point in my career I don't need to be yelled at........"

If Tony's main priority is truly to win a championship, he has no playoff wins, and pioli and haley are now running the show there and have multiple division, conference, and nfl championships yet Tony is claiming he knows a better way to do things, what does that say about Tony G.'s ego and smarts?

I know the Chiefs fans here love Tony so if you are a Tony-lover, please stop reading my post at this point because you may get offended. I respect Tony's game on the field. all he does is work hard, get open, and catch everything that comes his way. However, I don't think the guy is a good teammate. he's in it for himself. he loves the spotlight and the only reason he truly wants to win a championship is to put another notch on his personal belt. the guy doesn't care about anyone but Tony. he's a diva in the true definition of the term diva.

15. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

its gonna be hard to make up those 200 catches hes given us the past 2 years

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

DBowe can do it.

17. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

CaptainS do you seriously believe the KC Chiefs will make the playoffs while TonyG is in the league? if the falcs get 3 years out of him that will be 3 years with a serious possibility of the deep playoff territory.
    As great as pioli probably will be for the chiefs hes not a miracle worker and they wont be in as strong as position as the falcons for this coming year.

18. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Only time will tell falcon 91