Tony Stewart Wins 3rd Sprint Cup Title

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TheDuke, Nov 20, 2011.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Tony Stewart insisted he wasn't a title contender when NASCAR's championship race began. When it became clear he actually was a viable threat, he kicked it into another gear and vowed to go for broke in his pursuit of Carl Edwards.
    Did he ever. Stewart used a powerful and relentless drive -- some might suggest the best in NASCAR history -- on Sunday in the season finale to seize his third NASCAR championship. He overcame a hole in the grill of his Chevrolet, a rain delay, used debatable fuel strategy and made 118 passes on the track to win at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Source:ESPN

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I watched the last 30 laps of that race while BBQ'ing some chicken. Great win for Smoke. He deserved it.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Awesome race Grats Smoke!

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I watched the last 30 laps too. lol. Couldn't believe it came down to a tie and them finishing 1-2. I had checked in earlier and Tony was in 40th. Freaking incredible driving. Nascar couldn't ask for more at the end. Excepy maybe if they were a little closer together. But Edwards had nothing for him.