Toolbar?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by 86WARD, Dec 4, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I keep getting a toolbar at the bottom of the Gridiron page...it takes some time for this to pop-up every time the page refreshes...if I start a post and the toolbar pops up, it knocks the cursor off the message post...is there a way to shut off the toolbar?

2. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

At the right end there's some arrows and it just pops up on the right side... Now it just says Tools

3. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Thanks, brakos. That helps, going to see if it speeds things up for me.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The new toolbar is to make the site more interactive and user friendly so when you click on "tools" you can then click on recent posts, can subscribe to our RSS feed, twitter, etc., members are encouraged to venture forth.

It shouldn't take any longer to load with or without the toolbar at least it doesn't on my computer.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

FOr me there seems to be a delay for the toolbar to load in and it gets in the way of posting...

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

so once you click the toolbar off and just the tool tab shows is it helping?

7. cris80

cris80 comic relief

It was definitely slower (using Google Chrome on one PC, and IE 8 on another).

'minimizing' the toolbar seems to help load times though.

However, on my Iphone (Safari browser) the toolbar gets in the way of the first 2 lines of the first post in each thread (it's not at the bottom of the page like the other browsers). If I minimize it, the "tools" tab still blocks the last few words on the right side of the display.

So far, I'm not a fan of it.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still does the same...

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

the tool bar is gone 4 me.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

86, it blocks you from posting with just the tools tab open? that's weird I've been posting news all day and it's in the background football field area and doesn't block anything.

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

The toolbar does lag for me. To me it's a slight nuisance since I have no plans of using it, but maybe others like it.

12. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I don't even notice it even more, kindalike that zit on your horehead, hey wait...

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

It doesn't block me from posting, but if I start typing, when the Toolbar pops up on the screen, the cursor in the box goes away like I clicked off the message box...if that makes sense and I have to click back on to continue typing the message...

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I was just testing something out...the toolbar is out for good now.