Trent Richardson Says Browns QB Brandon Weeden Had Trouble Reading Defenses

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Feb 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Running back Trent Richardson told NFL Network's Steve Wyche during an off-camera chat between segments on "NFL AM" from the Scouting Combine that Browns QB Brandon Weeden had trouble reading defenses on occasion during his rookie season.

Wyche then relayed those comments about Weeden on the air to his co-host, Mark Kriegel.

He also told me a little bit more about Brandon Weeden,'' Wyche said via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "He said as a rookie, [Weeden] really had trouble reading defenses from time to time and they had to skew their offense a little bit, sometimes somewhat predictable. [He] thinks things are going to open up a little bit, but he really does like Brandon Weeden.''

It will be interesting to see if Weeden "really does like" Richardson after those comments.

Source: National Football Post

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he didn't really say anything shocking ......... anyone who watched him last season knew that.

he was a rookie though and sometimes these guys figure it out after a year or 2.

drew brees was completely lost on an nfl field for his first 3 seasons and then figured things out.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

trent had some trouble reading his blockers

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Richardson probably thought that those comments would be off the record since it was off camera. He's right in what he said, he shouldn't have said it though.

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

defenses throwing different looks to confuse a rookie qb NEVER happens in the nfl after all

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'd say the injuries were more to blame than any technique for any perceived ineffectiveness. I'm not worried about his ability.

And that's probably right about him thinking it wasn't on the record. He'll learn from the mistake, unless you explicitly agree to be off record before saying something, its no go. Off the record is a reporter's tool, not something to be controlled by sources.

7. K Train

lol i love trent, hes a top 5 back next year and he was mr consistent for my $1000 winning FF team....i was more just jabbing at him for jabbing at weeden, his YPC and pass blocking werent exactly stellar

8. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

If Weeden can't scare teams with the pass, there's no way Trent will be a top 5 back. Defenses will just load the box

9. K Train

i think weeden will improve...he showed some promise last seaosn, more than i expected to be honest